Skip to main content

11/30 8:15 pm

After Ethan was situated, I spoke with a couple doctors. They were able to do everything. They even found they didn’t need to change the  arterial line at all. Turns out everything fit. Fantastic news. The less trauma the better.

Ethan’s lung pressures are high as the doctors knew. It was explained to me that ideally the lung pressure normally at rest is 25 or under, with exertion is 30 or under.  Anything over those parameters is considered pulmonary hypertension -high lung pressure. Ethan’s is about 44 at rest. 

There are medications he can go on to help with that so it doesn’t damage his new heart. With this wire in, it helps them to see real life changes so they can really tweak his medications.

He has had 3 doses of antibiotic for his pneumonia. He is breathing much better than this morning. He still has a fever but they are dealing with.

One of the doctors I spoke with today said “we are taking baby steps, but the are going it the right direction. We have to follow his lead on how he mends.”

I also took Jesney’s mom’s recommendation of watching “The Secret” on Netflix. It was exactly what I needed to watch.  Thank you Yesenia. I needed that for sure.

I am going to expect Ethan to continue to get better. 

Comments

  1. Visualize what you expect and work toward it. That sounds like a good idea. I hope that you both have a good night. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the going gets tough
    The tough get going...
    and Ethan is doing it “His Way”
    Keep going Ethan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God. So happy to hear of these baby steps. Fantastic!!!! I hope you are able to rest a bit more tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment