Skip to main content

πŸ˜‚He Listened!!!!!!πŸ˜‚ 11/27 2:30 pm

Ethan's nurse walked into the room while I waited for the verdict. It seemed like it took forever for her to reach me.  Why isn't she talking?  "How is he?" I asked. She sat with me and said "I want to warn you that if you cry, I am going to cry too". Oh shit. Is it worse than worst case scenario?  How? She continues with "They found a mucus plug in Ethan's lung. They were able to suck it out and inflate his lungs.  He is doing really well.  They took him off of ECMO and they are closing his chest." So the two of us sat there and cried. It was the most beautiful cry I have ever shared with anyone. Wow. Finally a break for this kid. This is what he wanted. . 

Ethan had two nurses today.  One was experienced, the other, it was his first day in cardiac ICU. He has worked on the general floor for an extended period of time, but today is starting to train for cardiac ICU.

This poor man is getting hazed today. H

I walked down the road and found a teeny tiny dollar store that sold Christmas lights. Stores in NYC are so cramped.  If there was ever a fire, everyone would die. My butt is almost too wide to fit down the isle.  If there are two people in an aisle at the same time, they need to walk sideways and hope they don't get pregnant in the meantime. I know Ethan will appreciate the Christmas lights when he wakes up.  He likes the glow of lights in the evening hours as the only source of light, this time of year.

I also suggested the paralytic drug again.  Please don't let this kid go through the break throughs of sedation.  Knock him out so he doesn't do more damage to himself. They said they would like to use them to really rest his heart. 

Wow! He listened to him Mom. He behaved. Good job Ethan! That is why you should always listen to your Mom. πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Comments

  1. Yay! Great news �� ����������

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the news of the week
    and Thank God they found what they found and now maybe peace snd health Will be a part of the Daily
    Routine .
    I have to admit I did YELL at God in a cry for Help and felt I had to make sure He heard me!!
    I feel I must have been really loud snd forceful and he figured now was the time to hear our pleas
    So God Placed His Healing Hand On getting Ethan On the Road to
    Recovery πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

    Besides that Patti, Ethan knew that he had to Listen to your message to him..,,,to Behave...
    He knows from experience you mean business!!!!! 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti I an so happy this was a better afternoon! I say the rosary every night for Ethen. Prayers are so powerful ! God Bless all of you!❤️πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti I am so happy to read this and yes I am crying happy tears. It is about time he and you had a break. I hope the good news continues. Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. Happy they found it but unhappy it was there. What happened to counting all the things they have before they use them and counting them after. The best news, however, is they found it and Ethan will be in much better shape. Thank you Lord. I, like Eleanor, say the rosary. I hope things begin falling in place and healing begins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I misread the blog and thought the mucous plug was something they used...plug!....Good for a laugh, maybe?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful news. Ethan, keep listening to your Mom. She really knows what is best for you right now. Oh and also later in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, this is the best news! Tears of joy. So happy he listened to you. Hopefully this is the big step for Ethan for more manageable healing. Continued prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to be Thankful for! I'm crying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also crying. The best news I have seen all year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous news! I hope the warmth of the Christmas lights lift Ethan’s spirits. Still praying πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, Patti!!! The strength that you & Ethan have shown throughout this is beyond belief!! I have to take breaks from reading parts of your blog b/c I get so worked up that I can't breathe!!! I truly appreciate you sharing this personal experience with the rest of us!! I'll keep praying for Ethan's total health, healing & recovery & that God gives YOU & Ethan (Avery & Paul) renewed strength & peace throughout the rest of your journey. Looking forward to when Ethan's new engine is up & running strong!!! Love YOU, Patti!! Wish I could give you the biggest (((((HUGGGGG))))))!! YOU are a TOUGH one, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone for walking this journey with me! You all are holding me up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment