Skip to main content

💪🏻12/19 9:15 am

 Last night was smooth. Ethan was stable. Occasionally his blood pressure dropped if he was turned one way or another. I did his stretches this morning and applied the stroke boots and stroke wrist positioner. He has had his daily care routine of having his teeth brushed, face washed etc.

At one point, a horrifically high pitched, steady, painfully loud noise was sounding.  Where the hell is that coming from? He was breathing, so it wasn’t him flat-lining, which is kind of what it sounded like. I looked at all the pumps. The nurse had stepped out of the room. I glanced up at Ethan’s monitor to see if he looked stable, and he did, so I wasn’t overly concerned.

I found it was the EEG machine (brain machine). All of the lines were going haywire. Ut oh! I covered Ethan's ears with pillows and stepped out and found the nurse and told her. Then I waited out of the room.  It was so loud I couldn’t go back in.  The nurse came and looked at it and called the EEG team.

We were going on about 3 minutes of steady loud noise.  Staff members were now gravitating towards the room. Echoes of “what is the noise?” And “Ugh, where is that coming from?” We’re weaving through the hall.

It was now 5 minutes into the deafening noise. Everyone was hating it. I know Ethan had to hate it too. Then the screen went black.  The noise stopped. Oh boy, Ethan gained magical powers during his arrest to control machines with his mind. Wow! 

Actually, about an hour later, the EEG person came up and found that the plug it was plugged into wasn’t working and the machine was working on battery power, and the battery had died. I like my version better with the magical powers, but whatever.

Ethan did have one moment when they were turning him that his blood pressure dropped a fairly significant amount. He is still not out of the woods.  They are watching him VERY closely.

I have decided to really up my game with Ethan’s physical therapy today. I am going to make sure he is nice and limber for when we walk out of this joint together.


Comments

  1. I like the magical powers idea. Keep him limber and ready for PT. That physical touch won't hurt either. Maybe he can't feel you but you can feel him. That helps you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t they know to always have fresh batteries ready? Especially at Christmas. And like a smoke alarm, always change at least once a year! How scary and annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys aren’t going to walk out
    Together. I can picture the two of
    You Sprinting all the Way!!!
    And all of us will be waiting for you
    both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ethan just wants to keep everybody on their toes!
    🙏🏼❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to celebrate and party like it’s 1999 when that day comes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally vote magical powers and mind control, Vulcan friendly. Anyone that's good with engines has got to have special super powers when it comes to machinery. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it. But how scary and awkward and it does beg the question if this was the first time that an EEG ever went to back-up battery and went low..... I'm sure there's an app for that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment