Skip to main content

⛄️12/21 5:20 pm

 There have been small adjustments to Ethan’s medications. Very small. It is like juggling with glass shards.  They are being overly cautious. Ethan is starting up on real feeds through his nasal gastric tube. It will help with how much his iv fluid intake is. Too much IV fluid intake is not ideal for the blood pressure.

Ethan has had a fever all day. It has sat around 100.6 for the last several hours.  All the cultures have been sent to make sure there is no infection. His white blood cell count is a little elevated but the same as yesterday so that’s good.

I was told that I am doing Ethan’s physical therapy more aggressively than the hospital PT team. I feel like it is a way I can help.  So I am on it. He gets his boots and brace on for 3 hours, then off for 3 hours. Before I put them on I do stretching and movement on his limbs. I do the same when I take them off. Ethan’s PT car buddy came in and worked with him a bit today and said Ethan feels limber which will help him when he goes to walk again.

Ethan is tolerating his new medicine to help with his lung pressures. I am so happy about that. That is the medication they started way under his normal dose and just are going to creep up over the next week or so. There was even talk of lifting the paralytic drug by the weekend or early next week. Wow!

The psych team came around and chatted. I am making sure I do all the things they told me to help with delirium, so when he comes off the paralytic, he might be in better shape. I had a great chat with the Psych lady about different studies that have been done regarding ways to decrease delirium.

I am hoping with these adjustments that are being made in such small increments, that it will set Ethan up for success and avoid a pulmonary hypertension crisis for the rest of his life. I hated that. 

Another day of small wins. Another day closer to Ethan and I walking out of this joint together.


Comments

  1. Great job with the Physical Therapy! What you are doing makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another day with more good than not, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day and baby steps forward.. always a good thing.
    💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
    Get a good night sleep and hoping for another good day tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to pray for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing such a great job with his PT and advocating for him. I'm impressed ( not that I doubted your skills for a moment) and proud of you. Take care of yourself, too, you deserve it. 💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete
  6. He couldn’t have a better team and that includes you hun. Nice job! Send you much ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is wonderful news, Patti! Step by step, even little ones. And helping keep him limber now is a big help later. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. 9th grade physics. Or a geriatric commercial! Either way, it's true!!!!! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baby steps forward but great news none the less. I’m sure you are doing wonders for Ethan’s healing and physical therapy. You are amazing, Patti!! Continued prayers. 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment