Skip to main content

⛄️12/25 10:20 pm

 I have been holding my breath all afternoon and into the evening. Not only because I am a little cautious but also because there is no question, Ethan is processing his oral feeds just fine.  

Ethan did start to stir and we saw movement and eyeballs. He then started doing his delirium behaviors.  Picking at his O2 sensor.  Not making eye contact. Picking at his hospital gown.

I told the nurse it was delirium and not his regular thoughtful responses. A call was put into the Psych team because I don’t want a repeater of last time. He was then given his medication for anxiety and he settled down.

He progressed into moving arms and legs and head. We are back into full cyclic delirium. Not quite trying to get off the bed but close. He is so weak now. When he tries to move his arms and legs they shake. I am able to calm him down and refocus on breathing and relaxing. It is short lived. 

He then have to have a bath due to his processing of his food. That took about an hour. Their were four of us working on it. The room got so hot. 

They have given him more sedation and added a few more medications to help with the delirium. It is the sedation he is on that is causing this side effect of delirium. It becomes a vicious cycle. 

He has dropped his oxygen to the low 80’s a couple times. I did have to hold my breath once and I also did run to grab a stray nurse at one point when his nurse stepped away. We do have fairy, ballet nurse who is so quiet and efficient. I get her tonight and tomorrow night and then we get a different nurse. 

It has been a little hectic this evening. I know we need to go through this to progress to the other side. I still have the trauma tucked in the back of my mind from 8 days ago.

I did have a nice Christmas Day full of visiting with family via zoom.  It was nice to see their faces and hear their voices. I appreciate all the texts I received. You all were my bright side today!

Merry Christmas! 🎄 

Comments

  1. Hopefully we can get past this part soon so you can both rest and not be on edge. I enjoyed all the time I was able to spend with both of you today, even if it was virtually. I hope you get to have some rest tonight. I love you both❤️❤️ Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, love and prayers. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment