Skip to main content

12/26 7:30 am

 


Sedation was finally achieved. Yeah! Ethan was settled. Je had a relatively uneventful night.  Just what I wanted. That was my gift.  Hopefully the psych team can come by later and give direction on what to do medication wise to help with the delirium.

I didn’t sleep as well last night as I did the night before. Probably my own doing. I was keeping an ear out for what was going on in the room. My wonderful nurse kept things very quiet. 

I noticed tape around his thumb and pointer and middle finger.  His thumb has gone to jail. She had to tape Ethan’s thumb to his hand because he was grabbing stuff and just pulling on it. She said that he can still break through all the tape but it slows him down. Ethan’s thumb will be able to be paroled when his delirium is under control.

X-ray came. I thought he looked even more murky today than he did yesterday. Of course I am not a radiologist, but that was my assessment. They are getting out some funky stuff.  Maybe that is normal once they start moving and coughing? Maybe I am reaching to be hopeful?

So far no blood pressure drop, lung pressure increases with dropping his oxygen AKA pulmonary hypertensive crisis, which is what I refer to as a recipe for a mother’s worst nightmare. I am hoping he behaves today.

I have some music playing for him and he is resting comfortably. ❤️

Comments

  1. I am happy for you that you had some nice visits yesterday via zoom. Technology is amazing. I have continued to pray for all of you! I hope Ethan has an restful day of healing. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for a calm day for you both! 💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete

  3. Keep the Music going
    Ethan...like...”

    Glory, Glory“Alleluia”..
    for some good news

    “Silent Night”-
    for a more Peaceful
    Night

    “Jailhouse Rock”
    for your fingers

    “Glory, Glory Alleluia “
    for ( Stable Heart Pressure)

    No tune for Lung Pressure
    We’re working on that one!

    Praying you and Ethan have
    a Blessed Day🙏🙏🙏

    PS couldn’t help myself
    Good News brings music to
    My ests ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope for continued good progress ❤️🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pray you have a good day with some progress being made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank god for Zoom! I wake up every morning and send love and light to you and Ethan. I throw positive thoughts and a wish for progress. Keep up the fight and know there is a legion behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m happy to hear he is resting! I am still amazed at what you do, you do a great job with him. Your good night’s sleep is a bad night’s sleep for the rest of us. Finger’s crossed for another good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Restful day for both as u move forward.. 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  9. Along with many others we continue to pray for progress and healing every day. You are an incredibly strong woman. It amazes me the strength that you show. God knew what he was doing when you were blessed with Ethan. May you have a nice and quiet day of healing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment