Skip to main content

12/29 8:55 pm


The number circled in Red is Ethan’s oxygen level. Should be between 95-100.

I have had a few different people call the floor laundry is on to see when it will open again. I was hoping the squeaky wheel would get the grease. I can go back to the apartment but I get anxious being away. I hate to think Ethan waking up and not being able to communicate. I now know some of his usual requests. 

Turns out, the Health Department needs to come in and approve them re-opening. Geez, the diarrhea virus is no joke. Apparently it spreads the diarrhea virus. Ew!

Ethan hasn’t peed much today. They gave him extra diuretics too. Sigh. 

Ethan’s nurse was new today. We have not had he yet but she has come in to help a few times. She is strikingly beautiful. I was able to show her the technique another nurse used to reduce fluid collection using a specific pressure bandage. She had never seen it before and I told her I only saw it done once but we could try and if it didn’t work, we are no worse for wear. So hopefully it works. His night time nurse has also not seen the technique so I will show him as well. It seems to have helped with comfort.

Ethan is watching The Office again. This morning he had cartoons on and was restless until I turned the office on. He was a little less delirious. He just keeps getting bigger with fluid. I think the dialysis will be a “go” tomorrow for the next few “weeks”.

I actually hope it is. I am going to think of it as a treatment to help his kidneys and heart get better. Have a little rest. I am hoping this will be his golden ticket. He looks so uncomfortable so swollen. I told his nighttime nurse that if we can make it through the night without a crisis, I will forever appreciate it. He got here at 7:00 pm and has been running around ever since.

What a wild ride this kid is on. He better take life by the balls (yeah I said it) and love each day to the max (safely of course).



Comments

  1. ❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patti..I am attempting for the third time to actually say a few things...first, I wish I could have just a fraction of your strength and courage..you are one remarkable woman,mother and wife..your love for your family is just overwealming and rare nowadays BUT..you need to take care of you too.
    Ethan is so fortunate to have you and Paul and Avery too..I know with that strength y'all can pull through anything..and Lord knows you have enough support behind you! Think of good things and good things to come. Lots of love and healing prayers coming your way..
    Robin Haberger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh our sweet boy... and his amazingly awesome and wonderful mom who probably doesn't feel all that awesome because we hate when we can't fix things.... we want to fix things. That's in our nature. And how frustrating when things are beyond our control. Bless you for your sacrifice.... for your sacrificial nature. And for paying attention to what helps keep Ethan comfortable. What an awesome mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Every day, I set aside some time to send you and your family some good vibes. Hope you’ve been getting them. If not, I’ll try harder.” 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment