Skip to main content

12/7 11:45 am



So X-ray has come and gone, the perfusion team has come and gone. The surgical team has come and gone. They changed the dressing on his incision and that continues to look fantastic.

I have deviated back to telling Ethan complicated lies to make him stop asking for stuff. This is a parenting trick I have exercised many times. It really works.  The key is to make it believable and say it with confidence. My lie for today: “The magnetics in the iPhone interact with the titanium gears in the pump. So we have to keep your iPhone off.” Total made up bullpoop. But it seems to be working.  I will be writing a book with more nonsense parenting tips later. I am not sure what the title shall be.  I also will focus on the fact that I get a lot of my parenting tips from animals as well as that I have absolutely no credentials. I am sure it will be a success.

Rounds had 17 people in attendance today.  Ethan's xrays are continuing to get better. If you look at the pictures, I have labeled them before and after. Keep in mind the “after” xrays actually show he now has two lungs.

His white blood cell count has gone down to 14. Last week it was at 31 so this is a huge improvement.  He is going to continue getting antibiotics for a while to make sure the pneumonia is eliminated.  I requested a visit from the ophthalmology department to assess his eyes.  The tissue around his eyes are swollen and so red.  They are concerned that some medications could have a negative effect on the pressures of his eyes.

Jesney sent me a video today that she made of her and Ethan. It is their 7 month anniversary today. It was such an awesome video. It made me realize how much I miss Ethan and his vibrancy and how I have just become accustomed to his blank face and occasional movements. It also reminded me of how much fun it was to have Jesney with us on our camping trips this past summer. She has really gotten a good view of how odd we all are and yet she still keeps coming back.

It is part of the journey to deal with these visions of my broken kid.  Some of these visions have scarred me.  No one should have to see their child in this state, yet people do it everyday.  It will make the reward of actually being able to see him without sedation so much greater.  

Comments

  1. I’m glad Ethans doing better. Keep it up Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti this is Sharon Amoruso close friend of Joanne's we are in Arizona and we go to Colorado also I'm in calling Joanne almost every day and getting updates on Ethan we have an Ethan also for a grandson He's 19. We are constantly praying for your son and for his recovery he is certainly has gone through a lot but we are all hopeful that he will snap out of this soon and we'll be back to his normal self and talking to all his friends on YouTube we watch some of his videos He's really a riot to listen to and has done so much with that car and his ATV. I know it's very hard for you you're doing a great job. Take care Sharon and Vito Amoruso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reaching out. I really appreciate you keeping him in your thoughts. Everyday he is getting a little bit stronger.

      Delete
  3. Lovely xrays. You're so imaginative in keeping the cell phone away from him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know if it works. 😊. Ha ha

      Delete
  4. Yeah we’re going on the right direction...
    If he only knew now how much people are routing fior him, he would be so proud!
    But one day soon he will know how all that love ❤️ , caring snd prayers
    Brought him to a Happy, Healthy place in Life!!

    Patti you earned a Medal of Honor
    Love and Proud of you ❤️💗💗♥️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...young love!! Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man U need to start feeding that kid. He’s all bones.. hahahah
    So glad more moving forward for Ethan..
    baby steps forward..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment