Skip to main content

πŸ’ͺ🏻1/18 8:15 am

 Ethan had a restless night. His fever went up to 102. He was weaned down a little in one of his sedatives. He misses it. We are going to have to suffer through these bouts to get through this. They are exhausting. Ethan is smart. He tries to inch his way from one side of the bed to the other to get off. I finally put the guards on the bed knowing it is against hospital policy, just for piece of mind.

He was trying to hoist himself out of bed, on a healthy dose of sedatives and pain killers, dialysis and a breathing tube, he didn’t care, he was leaving. Except, he wasn’t because his mean mom made him stay in the bed.  I did end up putting myself in time out for a few minutes to regroup with my frustration. When I sat down the nurses stepped in and took over. It was so great.

Xray this morning was a bit of a circus. Ethan is moving all over the bed, not being still. He earned a second xray because his stomach was so distended. He is just not fond of the bathroom situation. I fear he is holding it. It is visibly sticking out.

He did give me a hug this morning and didn’t remember what any of the machines did.  We went through it again, what all the machines do. 

Ethan threw the middle finger at Janice when she beeped. I encouraged it. I also laughed. Janice is so obnoxious.

Ethan did well on his weaned vent settings and he will go down on them more again today. I am worried about the antibiotic stopping. I hope I am wrong but if he declines over the next few days I am going to be frustrated. I will be keeping an extra close eye on it and become a squeaky wheel. You can be a squeaky wheel without being nasty. I will be a polite squeaky wheel. We are all working toward the same goal.

Tomorrow Ethan will get another echo. It will be interesting to see how things are with his right side now that the pulmonary hypertension medications are weaned. 

Last night one of his nurses came in our room and was letting Ethan throw a stress ball at her multiple times. 

Ethan is now resting with a wonderful hug of sunshine streaming through the window. Man, the sunshine has been a blessing for my mood.

We are going to try and make more strides with PT today. Yesterday I had him doing shoulder circles. Today I am adding in him trying to touch his thumb to each finger. I hope that they start having regular PT/OT visits as I am kind of winging it a little bit.

Comments

  1. A little progress each day is good. Slow and steady wins the trip home. It is good you are watching out for the POT HOLES. We Love You! Keep up this slow steady progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan has always been determined
    To tweak the engines and get going
    Zooming down the street!!
    With his determination ,he is on his way- ready or not!!!
    He wants to get on the highway back home 🏠 anyway he can!!
    But Ethan Please be determined but
    Not dangerous on your road to recoveryπŸ™πŸ™
    Keep the 🌞 Sun Shining

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning 🌞. Baby steps and progress. I love to hear about the hugs, makes my heart happy for you.
    I do feel bad for him on the bathroom issues, poor kid.
    Ethan, you are doing greatπŸ’ͺ. Keep up the good work🌹🌹.
    You two have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed yesterday's reports because I was caught up with overnight grandkids, but I have caught up today... and I am cheering on every little and big improvement.... and praying for no backsliding even though I know it's often the case... still we can embrace forward progress. I'm keeping him in my prayers and family prayers and we have an entire crew of people praying him to wellness and to leave the dang hook-ups alone. It's hard when you have to repeat everything, that Ground Hog Day feeling... and yet, what else can you do? Nothing. So you do it.

    You amaze me! Cheering!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment