Skip to main content

πŸ«€1/20 6:55 am

 Last night I went to bed very early my neck and back were so sore.  It was so loud. Things were slamming, pumps were going off. I could hear it all above the ear plugs and white noise head phones and a pillow over my head.

At 3:00 am Ethan woke up and was beside himself. The nurse tried so hard to calm him down. I heard her talking to him and popped out of bed. She said “He wants Mom.” I went over to the bed and saw him so upset. He saw me and put his arm up wide in the air and signaled me to come in for a big hug.  As I was hugging him, I could hear the rhythm of the breathing machine change. I looked at him and he had his face crinkled up just so sad. He started pointing, rather aggressively, towards the bed. “Do you want me to sit in your bed with you?” He shook his head yes.

His nurse moved him off to the side.  She then helped me ninja my way through all the cords and Iv lines. I got into bed with Ethan. He leaned his head towards me and almost immediately fell asleep. I did not. There were blood draws, suctions, eye drops, pumps going off, the room next to us had the high alert alarm going off every 5 minutes. 

He seemed to have more secretions from his tube over night. His antibiotics were stopped 2 days ago, so we will see. His X-ray looked a little more fluidy this morning. They collected another culture. It’s weird, his white count in normal and his fever went away, so who knows. Ethan is just doing his “medical Ethan” thing.

My mom reminded me yesterday that I never shared that Ethan’s biopsy came back with NO REJECTION!!!!!  Woo hoo!

They decreased Ethan’s pain medication a little this morning, we will see how he does with that. Ethan is down to 7 pumps. Holy shit!

All of this is my bright spot and the day just began (at 3 am).


Comments

  1. Yeah on the rejection test!!! Ethan has never liked loud noises sooo with all of his alarms going off plus the noise from other rooms, I can see where he would become anxious in the night. Seven pumps is fabulous. Keep going until he is down to ZERO pumps. It is a good thing you went to bed early. I am concerned for your back. Rest it as much as you can and stretch, stretch , stretch. Love you Both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy ROSES!!!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 All of this progress is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOM is better than any machine or medicine. Ethan knows that. You are the rose. They are the sh*t. Necessary sh*t, but the rose makes it all palatable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 pumps and no rejection...that is awesome news!!! Mom’s hugs are certainly helping Ethan’s healing. I hope you can get some rest today and your back feels better. Continued prayers for you all. πŸ™❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love starting my day knowing your day is getting off to a great start, minus the 3am and back aches. Awesome news on no rejection, just perfect🌹🌹.
    Prayers for a quiet day and remember to stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even thou a 3am start, great start to the day.. Hope you get some naps in from time to time.
    Moving forward.. excellent πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  7. ❤πŸ’›❤πŸ’›❤πŸ’›❤
    Hope you get some rest today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are a blessing to that boy in so many ways. The comfort of knowing Mom is near, Patti, what a blessing that is. What a blessing you are! Seven pumps... but cloudy image. Praying that his body is able to step in and keep taking over the workload of the machines, bit by bit. Step by step. Stay strong young warrior and warrior mother! Be of great courage for you have traveled long and wide... but the road lingers on. Sending virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing replaces M❤️M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment