Skip to main content

1/21 9:05 am


Ethan strong!


Ethan had a decent night. He slept.  I slept. My back was killing me but I am doing lots of stretching. The nurses are sneaking me hot packs.

As soon as I woke up, the nurse told Ethan, “mom’s up.” Ethan motioned for me to come hug him. Of course I painfully obliged. Cause who could turn that hug down?

He then wanted me to sit with him on the bed. Which I painfully obliged. Our nurse today is one we have had many times before and is at the top of our preferred nurse list. She brought me a Spanish coffee. She said she only got me a small in case I didn’t like it. I laughed.  “Coffee I don’t like? I am not sure that exists.  I don’t care for coconut coffee but will still drink it.”

It was divine. It is espresso mixed with condensed milk. Glorious. It was like a warm comfortable blanket for my mouth. It was so thoughtful of her. It’s amazing how good you can make someone feel or how much you can brighten someone’s day with a beverage.

I went to the shower late today. I was still first, bright spot!  Woo hoo! Must be no one else is showering around here. Fine by me.

We will see what today holds.

Happy Birthday Papa! I showed Ethan this picture and he gave a thumbs up!



Comments

  1. Great blog melts my heart to read it, so happy for you. Have a great day, love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog! Mom you stretch and rest that back! You go Ethan! We are so happy at your PROGRESS!!! Don't go so fast that you can't steer around those POT HOLES but keep going forward. Work hard today. Love you Both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Papa. We will call you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be met first thing with a hug🥰, you can’t beat that❤️🌹. It put a smile on my face.
    I wish you both a great day and lots of stretching too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another post I love to start my day! You have no idea how inspiring and impactful these are. When I read this great ones, I have a skip to my step, I go about my day thinking life is wonderful! When you have a tough one and you write about it, I think about How I can do better for the day, like really better. How can I find the good in the bad. It is all so moving and I just love you for opening your heart with us!

    ReplyDelete

  6. What a Gift 🎁 Ethan
    Thumbs Up 👍 to you
    knowing you’re on the road
    for your journey back home 🏠
    to all who Love ❤️ you and cheering
    You on to Winner’s Circle !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm giving Papa a thumbs up, too! What a stinkin' cutie! And I love that nurse... Comfort my people.... she's living the sweet words of faith and not saying a word, just acting like an awesome being. The world loves and needs those creatures! This just made my day, Patti!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment