Skip to main content

1/22 8:05 am



Ethan had a night where he was a little bit fidgety and restless. His nurse suggested maybe he is being weaned a little too quickly from medications. This is the same nurse that gave Ethan such a lovely, super soft blanket that actually covers his feet! A kind and priceless gift. A gift that pushes me to want to be a better person. A random act of kindness can mean the world to someone. Seeing Ethan touching and wrapping himself in the blanket is such a gift in itself. To know someone thoughtfully took time out of their day to offer him some comfort is just so heartwarming.

Avery and I are making a plan to help out the food shelf when I get home. We have some ideas of supplies that may offer comfort to those in need right in our community. My mom has been helping out the food shelf for years.  Don’t worry mom, I will call you for advice on this.

My awesome day nurse brought me a large Spanish coffee and it is divine! So thoughtful!

My back is still giving me trouble. Ethan’s nurse let me borrow her heating pad last night. It felt so good.

I cant wait to see what today holds for Ethan. He was stretching his arms on his own today. I am so proud of how well he is doing.

Comments

  1. As SOON as I saw that blanket I was soooo jealous. that is LUSCIOUS!!! I'm super happy to be doing good things with you :)) love you mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Ethan, stretch your arms, shoulders, legs, toes and every other part that needs to be exercised. Just do it carefully so as not to disrupt the great progress you are experiencing. Can't wait to hear about your progress today. Love you Both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited to hear what today will bring. These random acts of kindness from the nurses are so inspiring. It makes me want to be a better person too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti - you already are an amazing person. But great reminder to think outside of ourselves and see where we can make a difference beyond our circles. You are also in need of some stretches - take your mom's advice and do it slowly, like Ethan. The progress this past week has been so amazing and the medical staff's kindness has been so heartwarming. They - as you - are superheros! <3

    ReplyDelete

  5. What a beautiful blog Patti
    Full of love, hope, gratitude , lAll earned!
    All deserved!!

    When we see Ethan now
    I feel like the day he was born !
    Full of excitement, hope and love..
    He came into our lives and has
    brought so much happiness to us
    and he is continuing to do that

    Oh Happy Day
    What a Blessing 🙏
    How thankful we are
    Let Ethan’s Journey continue
    His Goals and Dreams ...,











    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Let's all do a Random Act Of Kindness today, in Ethan's honor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment