Skip to main content

1/24 8:40 am

 


Ethan had a little bit of trouble last night, nothing overly alarming.  His blood pressure was dipping low and he looked pale. I requested a CBC and asked about a transfusion. He just looked like he needed blood. 

He didn’t sleep well because he was sore from sitting up for so long. He has been stretching himself in bed. He has been quite restless so I assume he is going to be zonked today.

Ethan’s nurse said that Ethan was full of hugs last night and was hugging everyone. If they walked near the room he would summons them in the room for a hug. He is so much NOT a hugger, I am starting to wonder if his stroke altered his hug center of his brain. I just made that up but who knows. Again, I love all the hugs I have gotten. 

He has been unsettled with all the IV’s and Picc lines. They are bothering him. 

I saw Ethan’s xray this morning and to me it looked like maybe the lower left lobe has collapsed.  Perhaps they will go back up a little on the vent settings and treat hopefully longer for respiratory/pneumonia infection. Insert eye roll here. I saw this coming from a mile away. I could be way off on this but his X-rays have looked better.

I was just told they will be giving Ethan a blood transfusion this morning. This will give him the boost he needs.

We may take a break from sitting today.  We will still do our PT but he is exhausted. He is now taking a rest with his nice soft blanket. 


Comments

  1. i always take a day of rest after a few days of exercising. It gives those muscles time to heal a little. Sounds like his body is telling him to rest a little. He will need to learn to listen to his body. Today can be a day of stretching. Mom should stretch too.
    Love you Both.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday is a perfect day to rest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethsn is working overtime
    to get back home..
    We know you can and will
    do it Ethan!!
    But be safe on the road back
    🏠 home
    We will all be here editing
    for you
    🙏👍❤️🙏👍❤️🙏👍❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of Ethan and you. I'm impressed with all the hard work that is taking place and with all of the wonderful caregivers on team Ethan. Thanks for all the updates, I check every time I open my phone ( which is a lot, haha). Thinking of you and sending so much positive healing energy!
    ❤💛❤💛❤💛❤💛❤💛❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s Sunday. Take a break kid!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew once Ethan started moving you wouldn’t be able to keep him down, lol. Yes, a day of rest will probably be good for him but keep the hugs coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment