Skip to main content

2/13 9:35 pm

Ethan had a good day today. He was able to do physical therapy, a little less than yesterday because he was sore. We did arms, shoulders, core, legs and also stretched his feet because they were hurting him. He was in his wheel chair for several hours.

Ethan got his double lumen picc line out today!!!!! Wow!  Another line bites the dust! He has an arterial line and IV catheter and feeding tube in his nose. That is it.




Ethan will be evaluated for speech therapy to help him with his voice. His speech speed is quite slow, but his thoughts are complete and normal.

The picc line was 36 cm or 14 inches long. Wow! Ethan said it didn’t hurt at all coming out.

Ethan had a leisurely afternoon. He worked more on his wooden car. At dinner he tried a little bit of pizza. I had to cut it up into teeny tiny pieces for him because he has trouble chewing still. He ate a lot of Grammy’s applesauce. He savored the flavor. Little did he know, I added some calories to it with unflavored high calorie paste. He thought it was good and he was getting triple the calories from it.

He then began going through with-drawl, with wretching and yawning and nausea. He got some medication and then continued eating the applesauce like a champ. With-drawl is a bitch and is not for sissies.

Ethan is now swallowing pills which makes life so much easier. It will help with the amount of volume he takes in and I’ll get us closer to HD dialysis.

He had his bath with his hair washed and wrapped in a hot towel, which he agrees is a wonderful feeling. 

All in all this was a good day. We have made some wonderful progress.





Comments

  1. His smile warms my heart!!! Thank you God for another wonderful day of healing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good bye to that pic line! Love that smile😀. Ethan your progress amazes me everyday. I can’t wait to come on here at night to read what you have done to keep yourself busy for the day. You are an inspiration for sure. Keep kicking ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Deb. I also look forward too my nightly reading. Your smile is getting better and better. I am so lucky that I know your mom so I could follow your journey. To think I could have missed out on a miracle before my very own eyes. Till tomorrow, sleep tight.
    PS... I hate pic lines. I had one for 5 days and my vein said nope. They finally gave up and just had to keep poking me. In a few weeks I'll piggy back on your blog with my new hip. We can see who walks faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day!!! It is always good to read about all of the things you can do each day. Keep pushing through all of the soreness. Let those muscles rest a little and then remind them what their job is for. You are Amazing and so is MOM. Keep going forward with your eye on the prize...... We love all of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great day again! So proud and impressed by your drive. Ethan , you are an incredible person and you are proving you can do anything you set your mind to! Pretty soon you’ll be back to drifting the go kart around the field. So great you are down another pump and line! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you guys! I'm so impressed by Ethan's steady progress. Paul and Patti, you have done so well these kids. God bless you all! I know the stiffness and soreness has got to be tough, but I have such faith in this kid. He is a living miracle... and I still bless that doctor that said "I see Ethan walking out of this hospital on his own..." at a time when doubts surrounded every action. So well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day Patti, Ethan, Paul and Avery! Ethan, keep on churning and getting the kinks out of your new heart! Great smile today~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentine's Day! Ethan- life is so much sweeter now that you are getting better. You bring so much joy to so many people. You are inspirational. Yep. You are a rock star. So much love to you, your mom and your family on this day dedicated to love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment