Skip to main content

3/21

 Today’s goal, increase the amount of calories Ethan consumes. Ethan punched Withdrawl right in the face and it was a knock out. All of his symptoms have subsided.

We had a relaxing day. Ethan did 3 laps around the unit. It’s weird because he is still tethered to an iv pole. Hopefully that will go away tomorrow. I felt like I was walking a dog. 

He was able to work on some homework and submit an assignment. When wretching and other unfavorable symptoms are kicking your ass it makes it impossible to get anything done.

Ethan ate well for lunch and dinner. He also smacked well and trying to work as hard as he can to gain some weight.

We had minimal interruptions and it was nice. We enjoyed the sunshine hugging us through the window. 

Ethan decided he wanted to eat Wendy’s. He ordered a baconator, fries and a frosty. Wendy’s was a disaster. My order wasn’t ready and when a huge amount of time passed, I asked the cashier about it. “I called that order a while ago you never picked it up.”  I am not sure she spoke English well, so I must have missed it.

I got hung up at security and scolded for not updating my badge today (HARD EYEROLL). “Your badge is out dated” (From yesterday) the security guard said. I have been here 17 weeks. I have updated this stupid badge approximately 119 times. I am really not very sorry about it. He just stared at me. “Would you like to update it now?” I asked. He then seemed annoyed so I am not sure what his desired outcome was.

I then brought the food up to Ethan. He unwrapped his burger, there was no top bun. Just lettuce. What? Ethan was flexible and rolled with the punches on that one. I took the dinner roll the hospital brought up and cut the top off. I put it on top of the massive burger and it looked like a fat guy in a little coat. Ethan promptly stuffed his face.




He then did another 2 laps around the unit. This kid is ready for rehab. We were thankful for our day of minimal interruptions. 

Comments

  1. WOW!! Five laps in one day!! You go Ethan. Watch out or he will be walking to New Jersey on his own... Glad you both had a good day. Love you Both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see that Smile πŸ˜ƒ
    On Ethan’s Handsome Face.!
    Looks like he’s ready for the next part of his part Journey——
    Rehab-
    Home 🏠 is getting closer and closer.....
    You ‘ve got this !!!
    Lots of Hugs πŸ€— coming your
    way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it makes my week seeing his perfect smile again and how much he’s progressing from his setback <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. One step closer to getting home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that sounds like a perfect day!!! That smile...and way to go....5 LAPS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks 😊 great! Almost out of there🏎

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my friend.... it's time to get out of there and leave NYC behind. No top bun? Wendy's workers have really hit a new low. Sounds like the security staff isn't going to win employees of the year either. Geez.... you'd think they would all know you by first name basis by now. I think you've earned keys to that hospital by now. Let's get you and Ethan OUT of there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Ethan!!! You look great!! Let's show them who's boss!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like he's revving up the engine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment