Skip to main content

4/17

When I laid down in my bed last night, it was like a hug from your best friend! I was laying on a cloud of soft bedding and had more than one pillow. My roommate didn’t poop in the middle of the night (good job Paul).  The lights stayed off the whole night.  I woke up once to give Ethan a dose of medicine and was looking for my mask in a sleepy stupor.

I think I am traumatized by wearing a mask so much.there were multiple times I panicked today because I didn’t have my mask on. It was a brief panic, but I found myself thinking about it constantly.

I took a walk around our yard this morning. Our flowers look so pretty. Lots of vidid colors.  I closed my eyes and enjoyed smelling the country air. I heard the frogs singing out, trying to find their spring mate. Such a soothing and familiar wonderful atmosphere.




I started to unpack today. What an overwhelming job that was. I have turned our house into a disaster by going through the last 5 1/2 months of stuff that has accumulated. I found myself exhausted.

I like to hear the kids chatting away to one another. I listen from the other room. To even think their laughter and sarcastic banter almost was lost, is surreal.

Ethan went up and down the stairs multiple times today. Great PT. His stomach is off a little, likely due to weans, stress and excitement. I would guess he will level out once he gets acclimated to being back home again.

I got to tease Paul for drinking all the coffee...even though I know it was me.  We then decided whoever determined that there was 12 cups in the pot of coffee we made did not realize the size of the cups WE use. Our pot says it makes 12 cups, but WE determined it to be more like 3 1/2 cups.

I made it through the day without putting a mask on at all! WOW! It really felt weird. The number of times it crossed my one was uncountable.

Penny landed herself in boot camp as she will now have to relearn the potty training rules now that I am home. Good thing she is cute. No accidents today! Day one was a success.

I was able to cook dinner and it felt so good. Grubhub is good and all, but there is nothing like a home cooked meal. Ethan’s stomach has been off and on so I wanted to get him some good nutrition. He ended up eating a decent amount.

I made myself a margarita. I haven’t had a sip of alcohol since we were in ICU on 9 Tower. So maybe February? It tasted really good. 

We then watched this channel that features gameshows from the 80’s. It was epic. So much has changed since then. Fashion, hairstyle, teeth and even touching. Some of the game show hosts touching the women was a little cringy.

Ethan went up to bed. He has his special Ceci blanket. He said he absolutely LOVED being out of a hospital bed last night. I agreed that I also enjoyed my bed and likely fell asleep smiling.  We can make it through the next day and be able to come home for good. I am so glad we decided to come home. Today was so nice.





Comments

  1. It is those "little things" that we all take for granted. We never know how much we enjoy them until they aren't there. Welcome Home. Drive carefully tomorrow. Love you Both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you finally had the chance to sleep, relax and enjoy
    your day. Very refreshing !
    Have a safe trip and your return on Monday knowing
    at last —-back in
    your comfort zone surrounded
    by those who love and care
    and have been waiting for
    Your Journey back Home 🏠




    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled through your whole post and had to go back to yesterday’s post and look at Paul’s face when he came home to a much welcomed surprise❤️.
    I can’t imagine how you and Ethan felt in your own beds, eating a home cooked meal, no masks, doggy kisses...just all being together. My heart is happy for all of you.
    Safe travels to and from Ethan’s appointment.
    Ethan, you look great and so happy to be home. You did great reaching this goal of getting homeπŸ’ͺ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this post makes my heart fill with joy. I’m so happy you are home good...well almost....YAY!!! Sleeping in your own beds, no hourly interruptions, alarms, lights, etc...and Ethan with no more pokes for this that or the other thing, must have felt heavenly.
    Your gardens are gorgeous, Patti...a much prettier sight than just buildings. I’m betting, the sweet smell of country cow manure, will be a welcome smell for your nose. That first windy day you’ll know your really home for good. Haha!!πŸ˜‚πŸ„πŸ’©πŸ€’πŸ€£ Safe travels today and tomorrow. Praying for no hiccups and all goes well. Gosh, I’m just so happy you are finally home. πŸ€—❤️πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Happy Ethan and you are home and your family is all together. πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are bursting with happiness for you all. There's simply no place like home (especially after what you have been through). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Happy that you guys are home and enjoying the good life. Enjoy being with family and your own bed. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so awesome to have you and Ethan home finally after his long road from heart surgery.. And your motherly love to do everything possible to get him thru this ordeal....
    You are a super hero mom.... maybe even Wonder Women (Wonder Mom)...... cause you truly are..
    Thank you for your blog journey through the whole thing.. You are very amazing!!!!
    God Bless you all...
    Love you guys...πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  9. I asked Dawn if she had read your blog yesterday. She said it was the first time she hadn't and asked why and wanted to know of she was going to cry. I had to tell her..yes, you will. I'm sorry. So later on I am sitting with her at my grandson's bday party and she opened it and read it and bawled. Just like me! The happiest of tears ... I love the surprise pictures! So happy. I can't wait to show my Aunt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment