Skip to main content

4/25

I woke up this morning and sat outside on our screened in porch. It was chilly but I had my coffee experience going on. The cup was warming my hands and I had a nice comfy blanket. The brisk air filled my lungs as I enjoyed the peaceful nature sounds. Our pond waterfall had a nice trickle. The frogs were out on the rocks even though the sun wasn’t out. The neighbors rooster was alerting them that morning had started. The cows down the street were bellowing and I knew it was breakfast time for them. These are all the things I when I was in the busy city.

I was able to take both kids to the store today. My first trip taking them somewhere together. I was so thankful to be with them both. When I have these thoughts it makes me think about our donor family. What they would give to have this opportunity with their loved one. Don’t take for granted your loved ones presence for a second.  

Ethan had a decent day today. He kept up at the store and wasn’t tired afterward. Wow!

This weekend was such a gift. We didn’t really have a plan but we’re able to slow down for a minute.

I ran into a friend at the liquor store. It is a nice to see some familiar and fun faces. She asked how I was doing. I had a cart FULL of product. I pointed at my cart and said “pretty good”. Ha ha

As the day came to an end, we sat as a family and watched the old tv show channel. We laughed at all the touching and feeling they did back then. In today’s age it would have been one lawsuit after another. Also, the prizes are amazing. One of the prizes in the 1950’s was a seal coat. Wow! So fun. We laugh a lot. It’s great to share a laugh together.


Comments

  1. Little things make ALL the difference. Always enjoy the little things. They are really what matters. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You triggered an emotional
    Button... Nothing better than
    Family Time..
    I remember how you always
    made sure your family had plans for Special times together—-
    like “Date Nights “ with each of the kids or anything different and fun . Always Something Special together!
    Today must have been
    Super Special for all of you in
    a way that all of us can imagine—
    today you Did it Again ..
    And so “The Beat Goes On”
    Together Again!! Yeah
    Love ❤️ You All







    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for you and your amazing family. I am SO happy things are going well and you are back to living the good ole home life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️ I hate the term "new normal", but this is kind of like you all moving into a more normal version of what your normal is. Or maybe back to more comfortable. Together again at home, as a family. Ethan growing stronger every day. Sunshine, frog, spring flowers, and sweet county (well, semi suburban) air - all so therapeutic. And hot, good coffee at the ready! I'm so happy you are home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely, agree with Carrie...she said it so well, didn’t think I could put it any better. How fun watching the old tv channel. So glad you are home and a family again. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s what it is all about family❤️. Oh and coffee and liquor stores, lol. No really, I am so happy for all of you to be back together under one roof.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment