Skip to main content

4/3

I woke up this morning and had my glorious coffee alone in the parents lounge. I allowed my mind to wander and recharge. I set my goals for the day. I like to make a list with check boxes so that I can feel accomplished and check the things off I have done.  Sometimes I put easy things on there like, drink coffee. Then I can start my day with an early accomplishment. I don’t want to brag, but I already had my first item checked off by 7:00 am. And then I started my second cup of coffee.

We are a bit late to the college game. Senior year is supposed to be fun and care free.  Ethan’s has been anything but.  

With the progress Ethan has made, he has applied to MCC (with help) to their automotive program. This was a big step to actually apply.  I gave up on trying to navigate FAFSA via long distance. Paul to the rescue.

Ethan has made so much progress over the past 2 months, by August, he should be doing pretty well and have an established routine to work dialysis into his life. If not, he can start in the spring. No big deal.

Ethan had his therapies today. PT really kicked his butt.
He had to get on his knees, practice putting one knee up and then leaning on that knee to push himself up. This wiped him out.

Or was it PT that made him so tired? He started showing slight signs of withdrawl. He just felt a little off and tired. He went to OT and then spent the rest of the day laying in bed and taking it easy. 

He really enjoys being in our room. I don’t really care for it. That’s not accurate. Our room is ok if I am not in it all day long. There is no natural light, it’s small and I just need  more natural light. We are not on the window side. Luckily the parents lounge isn’t too peopl-y. It gets direct sun in the afternoon. It’s warm and cozy and the sunshine hugs me. I was able to take care of some paperwork in a nice and quiet parents room. The only thing missing was animals. I do miss my furry friends. Oh and I guess a Diet Pepsi. It was missing all the free Diet Pepsi one could imagine. Other than that it was perfect.

Ethan ate dinner ok and needed another injection to stimulate his body to make more white blood cells. He wasn’t happy about it but put on a brave face.

After dinner he wanted to clean his pores. He applied a pore strip. Well it dried as hard as cement. He started to panic a little. It was hurting his skin. We ended up soaking the rest of it off. Ha ha pore strip fail.


We are one week in. Much improvement has been made. It is wild to even see the day to day stability and improvement. 

We hope everyone has a nice holiday if you celebrate it.be safe and hug the ones you love. Be kind, it’s free to give.






Comments

  1. Happy Easter!! One more step closer to home. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for so much improvement! Before you know it you’ll both be home! Our prayers are always with you. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more Dsy closer to
    Home
    One more Holiday , that
    bring Easter.
    The next Big Holiday is
    “Ethan’s Homecoming”
    What a great day thst will
    Be!! Love ❤️ band Hugs 🤗
    Happy Easter to the
    “Dynamo Duo”


    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! I hope you have a huge stash of jellybeans there. I tricked Jack with a few decoy Easter baskets this morning. It was fun and I thought of you being a trickster. We are thrilled that things are progressing so well. Here's a card I recently bought "Spring breathes new life into the world around us." Yep... this is so true for you and Ethan. Cheers to spring and a new beginning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter with all the blessings to you and Ethan ✝️💐🐣✝️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter! Here's to new beginnings and spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment