Skip to main content

4/5 ❤️

Ethan went to class this morning in our room. Our roommates mother and the facility staff were very loud and he found it difficult to concentrate with their music blaring.  I was able to secure a place for him for tomorrow where he can actually perhaps learn. 

It could be the roommates family member is inconsiderate. It could be that we are just done with dealing with people with no common sense. I found my self very irritated even after I had told her that Ethan would be in class and he would appreciate some quiet time just for about 40 minutes.

My patience is wearing thin without anywhere to go get away from people. I day dream about riding in a car alone or being able to do laundry alone or without a mask.

So after an adult conversation with the staff we have an alternative solution for tomorrow’s class. It is easier to just solve the problems you have than to create even more with a yelling match. I did have a vision of me asking this person what portion of the dialog was difficult for her to comprehend “Ethan will be in class for about 40 minutes this morning. Could you please keep the noise level to a minimum during 9-9:40, that would be appreciated.” But if you don’t have the decency to comply with a friendly room mate request, likely there is no reasoning with this person. I am proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut. It was not easy. 

We are hoping this person leaves today. It is much quieter without them there.

Ethan is kicking butt in his therapies. He asked today what I needed him to do to get out of rehab. I started listing off some things and he is able to do all of them. We are going to reassess his discharge date with the team here soon. He has made significant improvements in the past week.

Dialysis went fine. We met with a different renal dietician and we have a pretty good handle on all the restrictions Ethan has. It will be easier to control once we get home and can control the groceries in the house.

Ethan’s kidney is really working hard.  Today he made  80 ml’s of urine. Just several hundred more to go.....

I did not go to the new parent social. I got tied up on the phone trying to straighten out a pharmacy issue and when I got off it was already more than half over. I decided the world made the choice for me. I am ok with that.

As we get ready for bed, the music is repetitive and still loud. No luck in this person leaving tonight. Maybe tomorrow. A bright spot was, Ethan kicking butt in his PT/OT.




Comments

  1. Sounds like you are in a college dorm room with the loud music. So happy to hear how well Ethan is doing in PT/OT. LeConey Bay is ready for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep looking for those bright spots, it sounds like you need them! I totally hear your frustration with the music, I also need quiet time to recharge. But especially when Ethan is in class! Perhaps someone on staff could suggest headphones or earbuds.

    But maybe this extra motivation will get you home sooner. I hope there is a bright spot in this somewhere.

    I dreamed you and I were working for Dean but you were in a hurry to go and when I got there every single cage needed to be cleaned 🤣

    Love you all ❤💛❤💛❤💛❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would most definitely NOT cope well with this roommate situation. It amazes me how some people are either completely clueless or completely selfish about their actions. Extrovert energy can be extremely draining to us introverts. No, we don't want to hear your music blasting. No, we don't want to hear all your opinions without some consideration of ours. It's TIME for you two to get out of there. It sounds like it could happen sooner than later. I wish I could give you both a peaceful, quiet day where you get to decide who to interact with. It's coming..... Hang on......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrrrrr! OK, Now that I got that out of the way---Patti, I can't believe this place is supposed 2 be helping Ethan (& everyone else there) with RECOVERY/therapy (& getting paid 4 it), BUT they're letting someone (worst of all--yours & Ethan's roomate!) get away with being obnoxiously loud!! When I'm in pain, or have had 2 recover from surgery, the LAST thing I want is someone being loud! And pleassse, esp when you're stuck in a room with another person! Have some decency! And not even for 40 mins? That's not inconsiderate--that's either the dumbest person on earth or an absolute a$$! Makes me sick y'all are having to deal with that in your own room! Anyhow, I just really want Ethan 2 get FULL benefit out of this place & I don't want annoying things like this 2 push him 2 want 2 leave b4 his body is ready. I know it's hard enough just y'all being away from family & home as long as u have. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW--didn't mean 2 sound so negative above...I just simply care about y'all & want y'all 2 be treated right! U've both been thru 2 much already! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry you living arrangements are so awful. Why do people have to be so rude and inconsiderate?! I pray they leave tomorrow and no comes in anytime soon. I will say an extra prayer for that and peace n quiet. 🙏

    I’m proud you kept your cool...I would have probably used our favorite “f” word. 😳 😂
    I think the world made a good choice for you today. I hope tomorrow is better. 🙏❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, many times you have helped me be the better person and not try to act on my feelings at the time with people like this. I agree with Karma, rehab is supposed to be an environment conducive to getting better. But all this is making Ethan and you raise the bar to work harder so you can get out of there sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the face. It has WTF written all over it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment