Skip to main content

5/10

Today was day 1 of training for dialysis. Our nurse is fabulous. I love him. However, my only complaint is that when the dialysis wizards came up with phrases to use within the dialysis world they did not take I consideration, working with someone that had a stunted  7 th grade maturity level. I had a very difficult time keeping a straight face.

When I was introduced to the “snap and tap”, I busted into a leg stretch and said “oh the snap and tap, I haven’t done that since college.” Luckily he shares my sense of humor. This is going to be fun.

Then he started talking about the dialysis “sack”.  I just shook my head in the “no” motion. He is making this too easy. I am going to get kicked out. Am I being punk’d? “Sorry Ethan, mom got kicked out....you are on your own.” I might as well start practicing this line.

We are playing around with the dialysis schedule to work around Ethan’s class. I am very proud of Ethan. He was attending class with his dialysis machine hooked up, you could see the hoses coming out of his catheter with the blood being carried away to be cleaned. His shirt flopped open a little and he had a mask on. He doesn’t even care at this point. 

We recently got notification he made the high honor roll despite everything he has been through. Nice job kid.

I was able to go into work today for a little bit which was nice to start to get back into the routine of where things are and get myself situated again.

My bright spot today was this wonderful nurse that is helping me navigate this whole dialysis process. I have my work cut out for me.



Comments

  1. Sounds like it was a good day! Lets hope there are a lot more. Great job Ethan.... High Honor Roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Things are looking brighter and a little easier over there. It's all I wish for each and every day. So glad that you are having some fun with the nurse. Ethan- you are a rock star. High Honor Roll.... unbelievable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a wonderful
    Day of Bight Spots—Learning , Laughing and a Kudos to our
    High Honor Student 👩‍🎓
    What a Day
    What a Team
    God Bless 🙏♥️🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Ethan! Honor roll!!! Patti, you crack me up! You’ll have to teach me your version of the snap and tap! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  5. This nurse has no idea what is in store for him or maybe he does, lol!
    That is awesome Ethan about High Honor Roll. You’ve got this!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment