Skip to main content

5/14

There is nothing like taking your son to your mammogram appointment. My appointment was at 6:45 am. It’s another item checked off my donor screening. Who doesn’t love a good boob compression first thing in the morning. 

We went directly to dialysis training after that.  I had my training with my fabulous new BFF dialysis nurse. I was sort of  over everything and then I took a sip of coffee and realized there was none left in my travel mug. I started to downward spiral a little bit. I was taking deep breaths and giving myself a pep talk....”you can do this!”  Then, he shared we were going to watch training videos. Imagine my face when I found of this fantastic new piece of information. I sadly looked at my cup and muttered something about how sad I was that I drank all my coffee. He took hardcore pity on me.  He was so kind and made me a coffee.  I knew I was going to need it. I didn’t realize how much until we stayed watching some pretty hilariously boring training videos. They were so bad that they were brilliant.

Today Ethan had a break once we got home.  I went into work. Avery was on seizure watch and stayed home with him. While I didn’t work a lot this week, I was able to go in a few days this week which felt good to have a little bit of normalcy. It feels busy but it is manageable. 

Avery and I took the dogs for a walk. What this really means is that we walk around our field with the dogs off leash. They run and sniff things, they chase each other and pee in stuff. A dogs life is so simple. They are so comforting and fun, with a small serving of pain in the ass. Of course Avery and I had a great chat about our day to one another. 

The weather has really been beautiful and a definite bright side.

Comments

  1. I just shared your boob compression description to Jack and he's laughing hysterically. Anything related to body parts/functions and the potty is simply the best to this 8 year old. Jack is a big, big fan of your humor. As we are all..... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun first thing to do in the morning...it’s every girls dream...and I’m sure Ethan’s. Take him to the gyno next...he’ll really love that. Haha!

    I don’t know how you are fitting work into all you are doing with all those appointments. But I’m sure it’s great to be back with your coworkers and furry patients. The office must have missed your funniness and antics...or maybe not so much you antics. 🤔😂🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to think of how my son would feel at that age at my mammogram appointment 🤔, oh boy I can just picture his face!
    I’m sure Avery is thrilled to have her Momma home to talk to. Dad is good but nothing beats Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to think of how my son would feel at that age at my mammogram appointment 🤔, oh boy I can just picture his face!
    I’m sure Avery is thrilled to have her Momma home to talk to. Dad is good but nothing beats Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to think of how my son would feel at that age at my mammogram appointment 🤔, oh boy I can just picture his face!
    I’m sure Avery is thrilled to have her Momma home to talk to. Dad is good but nothing beats Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment