Skip to main content

5/17

We started the week out at dialysis training this morning. I am getting the hang of it sort of. I am a bit traumatized when the machine alarms. A zap of panic pulses through my body and I always try to shut it off so I can think. But then I feel like I just went down the hill of a rollercoaster and my stomach feels all weird. I attribute it to ICU and all the damn alarms.

So I am learning to address the alarms with adrenaline stomach. That’s fun. Sarcasm. Today we met our new nephrologist. He was really nice. Ethan liked him too.

I had to reach out to the NYC team today because Ethan is in agonizing pain from where he bit his tongue. “Bit his tongue” is a little bit of an understatement. He actually has a hole or indentation in his tongue from where he bit it. It has developed a quarter sized sore that is white but also has bruising under it that looks like a blob of grape jelly.  He is having a hard time talking because it is so sore. It has also stifled his diet.

They prescribed some “magic mouthwash” that is supposed to take the pain away. We will see.

Avery and I had a nice walk tonight with the little dogs. (Phineas loves finding gross stuff and rolling in it, so he stays in the yard). We saw a mom and her baby deer. The momma deer saw me. We nodded at each other to acknowledge one another. We both knew we would fight to the death if either one of us tried to hurt the other’s child. We both thought we would win that fight. We both quietly and confidently stood in a calm state knowing this information.

Avery and I stood back and watched as Penny got closer to the baby deer. The baby got all excited and started jumping around to play. Penny almost pooped her pants with fear and high tailed it out of there. The mom deer calmly walked away.

“That was our gift today from Mother Nature.” I said to Avery.

I was able to go into work for a couple hours which feels normalish for me.  Another good day.

Comments

  1. Keep focusing on the bright spots
    That will pull you through the bumpy spots .
    ♥️ and 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good day. The best words ever. Wishing you and Ethan zillions of good days ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Brad was so excited to see you, Patti! Here's to more gifts each day and I hope Ethan's tongue feels some relief fast from the magic mouthwash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment