Skip to main content

5/23

We had one day in a row of no vomiting. That is a win. Ethan is still feeling exhausted from his anemia. He had an injection last week to increase his red blood cell production and infusions of iron that will also help. It takes 7 days to make and mature red blood cells. My guess is that he will start feeling better by the end of the week.

The tongue is still hurting but looks like it is healing. Ethan is also battling a yeast infection in his mouth aka Thrush. Several times a day he does a magic mouthwash rinse, saltwater rinse and then his anti fungal rinse.

Tomorrow he gets his leads put on for his 24 hour EEG. That should be lovely. I am worried about when they take the leads off. In the hospital they left small sores without hair that were bleeding. Ethan is going to flip out over that. I am dreading Tuesday when they come off.

Today I was able to get Ethan up and outside for a short walk around the yard. The brightness bothers his eyes. We walked around the yard together and enjoyed nature. We sniffed the peonies and watched the frogs in the pond. There are so many this year.


Ethan and I also worked on getting his room cleaned up. He is happy with how it turned out.

It was a nice Sunday and we got a lot done around the house and Ethan had some good healing time. He spent the day eating and making red blood cells. Ha ha.


Comments

  1. Love the way you guys
    Somehow , in Someway find a
    Way to find something to help
    Your day to be a bit better and put you in a better place!!
    What a Gift 🎁
    Love ❤️ 💗 and Hugs 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping everything goes much better than anticipated with the leads. Wishing with all my might that all the unpleasant stuff disappears for Ethan. You have all been thru so much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope yesterday went ok with the leads. I don’t understand why they have to be so sticky and hurt coming off. I know how it is painful. My leads for PT with stim are way better and don’t hurt coming off, makes no sense they don’t use the same kind. Poor Ethan and his skin. Like he needs more to deal with or you to worry about. I have some amazing hand cream I’ll bring over that may help him heal any wounds faster. This stuff is amazing. I shoulda thought if it sooner.

    Come on tongue, heal up so I can bring that pizza over for Ethan!



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment