Skip to main content

5/8

We got up early to head back to the lab to try again today. I want Ethan to have a day off but yesterday the lab greeter squashed that. So we headed back to the lab. The cranky lady wasn’t there. Phew. There was a new lady there. She asked me the slew of questions about covid. She asked if Ethan has had a covid test in the last week. “Yes, he had one yesterday.”

“What was the result?” She asked. 

Crap, I didn’t even look because I am 99.99999% sure it was negative. 

“I have to log into mychart really quick and I will let you know.” I have mychart on my phone. I have facial recognition to get in so I don’t have to type in my password EVERY time. Sometimes I check mychart more than 10 times a day depending on what is going on and who I have sent an email to.

I pulled down my mask (I was six feet away from everyone except Ethan) for a split second. “Mam, you need to keep your mask covering your nose and mouth.” I paused and made eye contact with her. “Did you want the result....or...?????” Are you kidding me? I took a deep breath which lead to some box breathing.  I recited “ 3...2...1..........1..2..3........what the heck is bothering me?” Which is sometimes something I say to myself to keep my pirate swearing, trucker mouth to myself.

“He’s negative.” I said. Luckily my mask was covering the stinky face I was making at her. I immediately decided she could never be my friend. Her loss.

We sat down and had the time to wait today. We were taken back within 10 minutes. Boom. So saturdays may be the lucky day. As much as I would hate to make Ethan set an alarm 6 days a week....it just may be what we need to do.

I felt pretty good today after my covid vaccine. I had lots of vitamins and water. I think that was key. My arm was a teensy bit sore but not even enough to complain about. I was able to do yard work (woo hoo) and some stuff around the house to catch up from our crazy week.

Dinner was awesome. We had turkey and some Wegmans’s meals. Ethan got some good calories and is up to # 103 today. Tomorrow we do NOT have to set an alarm. Woo hoo! We can rest up and sleep in. We can have a relaxing morning full of bird watching and coffee.


My bright side was all the laughing I did with the kids and Paul today. We do laugh a lot. That feels good. We laugh at the dumbest things too. It’s the best.


Comments

  1. Keeping smiling Guys.
    That’s the Best Medicine
    and it looks good on you!😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. This is the nice, uneventful post I hope for. I'm sorry about the irritating receptionist. Geez. We are ALL over living in a Covid world. It's time to move on in so many ways. Keep laughing.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day!!!!! You win my top, triple gold star mom award this year for all the big and little things you did to care for and ensure that Ethan continues to kick butt. Best mom ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day!!!! You have WON the prize for BEST MOM EVER! I'm so glad that you all got to spend time together. Good for Ethan to be gaining some weight. Keep making those steps forward. Love you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing is good for the soul. Yay Ethan on the weight, that’s great! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment