Skip to main content

🐐 6/1

I showed up to dialysis with my A game. I don’t like to brag.....wait...yes I do....I did really good. I read through the directions, followed it with minimal mistakes. Hell yeah!!!!

Ethan felt a bit better today. His tongue was feeling a little better. His canker sore is the size of Texas. Ouch! 

He lost weight over the weekend. He lost weight when he didn’t have dialysis. He should have gained water weight. But he lost weight. Which makes me a little sad.

I also forgot to make his physical therapy appointments. When I called today, they couldn’t get Ethan in until next Thursday. So we are going to do our own PT and home for the next 8 days. Tonight we went down and worked with the weight bench did some stretching and a small amount of jogging. Even Avery came down and walked on the treadmill. I want to see this kid bulk up.

We met up with endocrinology, via zoom. Ethan’s fatigue is likely not due to his thyroid medication. It is suspected that it may be from Ethan’s seizure medication. Ethan also had bloodwork done and we are still waiting for his results. I want to see how his anemia is doing.

I also had a phone meeting with Ethan’s doctor. She is the best. I have an actual zoom call with her on Thursday.

I also went into work for a few hours. I didn’t get a chance to work on getting my things together to send to SSI. I am hoping to finish it at some point this week.

We live outside the town limits. As I drive into town, I pass a neighbors house. They have a goat that wanders around. This goat is large and sometimes is a little naughty by wandering close to the road or into the field. This goat has become one of my bright spots. Today as I passed by their house, the goat had wandered in the field. Naughty goat. But it makes me smile. This goat was a bright spot.  


Comments

  1. Sounds like you are accomplishing your goal with
    The Dialysis Training
    So glad you will get home
    time then.
    Also with PT home this week
    seems like a nice break from
    the rigid schedule you guys
    have been dealing with since
    you have been home.
    Hopefully, all will go well
    this week and Ethan will
    Feel better just being home little more!🤞
    Praying for signs of healing
    this week and everyday after
    that !
    You guys deserve a break and
    Healing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤💛❤💛❤💛 I'm glad you all got to go camping. And I'm sorry Ethan lost weight, it sure sounds frustrating balancing all of the medications and how everything interacts.
    You all are doing a great job, doing the best you can with what you have. And look at you go with that dialysis!
    Thanks for the description of the goat. I love goats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a rock star! Now you've got dialysis skills on your resume. Incredible. Just incredible, my friend. Just reading the word "canker sore" makes me cringe. That word really helps to describe the nastiness of it. Ouch. I'm hoping it starts healing quickly for Ethan. This poor kid has been through so much. Sigh. Love your special friend, the goat. They are fun to feed when given the chance and have a touch of the crazy eye. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide rinse for his canker sore? It will bubble and you just have to keep spitting it out and don’t swallow it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will try that. Thank you for the suggestion ❤️

      Delete
  5. Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide rinse for his canker sore? It will bubble and you just have to keep spitting it out and don’t swallow it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello... I heard about Ethan's canker sores, so I have an idea to help him eat better. When I develop canker sores, I dip a q- tip in apple cider vinegar and apply it to the sore. It stings like hell for a minute, but then it numbs for almost two hours! You don't even feel it. Just make him do it fifteen minutes before he eats:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good suggestion. They keep multiplying. We will try this.

      Delete

Post a Comment