Skip to main content

6/18

After my coffee this morning I noticed that Ethan had disappeared. I went looking for him and was delighted to see him in the garage working on car things. He was hammering something. There was a crowbar nearby. I told him “now this tells me you are feeling better”.

He is eating now. A lot! He has more energy. This is great. It can be easy to get down. But he keeps plugging away.

I spent the day making phone calls, sending emails and trying to cross things off my list.  I dealt with a few billing errors. Made some headway with scheduling appointments. And am preparing to totally dive into the world of college paperwork.

I had a proud moment with Avery. She scored a 102 on her MCC AP Physics exam. She is going to go into her junior year with 8 college credits in Physics. Wow!

Mid day we went to do a monthly check in with the nephrologist. We got to see our BFF dialysis nurse. We actually had fun at that appointment. We laughed and joked. Ethan negotiated that he didn’t want his injection that stimulates RBC’s today. He felt he had enough pokes this week. Maybe next week. The injection stings for a few days.

We did a dialysis treatment so that Ethan can enjoy helps day tomorrow. It has been hard trying to make up the 16 hours a week that we now devote to dialysis. Imagine your week and what you have to accomplish during those days.  Now, subtract 16 hours out and how productive are you? It is an adjustment for me and I know for Ethan as well. 

Ethan weighed in at over 105 # today.  It doesn’t seem like he has made progress but it is huge progress in my book.

As the day winds down to a close, I shared many laughs today. I like having my kids home with me. They are funny, thoughtful and sometimes a pain in the ass. That’s my bright spot. That and feeding the frogs again today. My heart is warm.




Comments

  1. What a day!
    What a joy !
    Nothing better to have
    these “bright spots”
    with your children…
    So proud and happy you had
    this Kind of day !!❤️👍🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congratulations to Avery! That is an amazing accomplishment and it really showcases all the hard work she has put in.

    I'm also very happy to hear that Ethan is enjoying playing in the garage again and that he is able to eat well! Almost as well as those frogs... 😂

    💛❤💛❤💛❤💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!! I was offline for a few days, but I am thrilled to see this update. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Avery...that is awesome!! Physics was the death of me in college...I freakin hated it!!! and my teacher Mr. Welton was so boring which didn't help.

    I hear ya with losing those hours...just said to Scott right before reading this...between PT and yoga to keep functioning these days, I'm losing 10 plus hours a week. It's so hard fitting it all in. This health crap has cut into my daily reading of your posts. I'm afraid of missing something exciting or...just gonna say something going on.

    Yay for the 105 lbs!! That is great progress along with the energy coming back!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment