Skip to main content

6/19

 This morning started with Paul and Ethan going to Cars and Coffee at the Little Speed Shop! Avery and I went a little later with the sole purpose of meeting Jill and Kevin, the owners, in person. I was able to meet Jill. Jill and Kevin have been so kind to us and words will never express our appreciation accurately.

Cars and Coffee is a great workout for Ethan. It has been a favorite event to attend for Ethan and Paul for many years. Ethan carried around his gimble and camera, he talked to people, he walks all around with his equipment. It is great for his muscle memory and endurance. I told Ethan that endurance should be a focus over the next few weeks.

I have decided that I would like to try working a little more. Ethan is aware of his “tells” that a seizure will happen. He knows to alert us right away and lay on the floor. His seizures have been adequately controlled for over 6 weeks with medication. Ethan feels comfortable to stay home without me. Avery will mostly be home with him. We will see how that goes.

Ethan was watching some of his YouTube videos. He is noticing differences in how he used to be able to create and talk to his audience vs. now. He isn’t able to fly by the seat of his pants as well as he used to. He also noticed he had more energy before. We are working on his anemia.

This evening, Ethan sat with the rest of us at our campfire. I think he enjoyed himself. 

I had many bright spots today. The sun was my first one. Another bright spot was actually meeting Jill today. It was so nice to meet someone that has gone above and beyond for my family. I also enjoyed  sharing moments with good friends. I realized that my kids are the champions of the Irish goodbye. I am hoping for another good tomorrow.


Comments

  1. Ah, the fine art of absquatulating.

    💛❤💛❤💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owners sound like the most amazing people, such a great support they have been to all of you. It's so nice to know good people are out there and that others think of those in need before themselves. ❤

    Wish I could have made it to the campfire. Hopefully, I won't miss the next! It's always feast or famine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment