Skip to main content

6/21/21

 Ethan’s results came back ZERO rejection for his heart biopsy. Woo hoo! Even with all the ducking around of the insurance company. Today has been a long day. Ethan weighed in a bit fluid overloaded today. We may have to reevaluate our dialysis schedule if we can’t catch up with fluid removal. 

I got the green light that all of my tests came back great and the next step for me is to meet with the surgeon. I am a match. We are coordinating our time in August and lining up our appointments.

Ethan had a down day today. He is grieving his past life. We were told that he can finally be eligible to get the covid vaccine safely. I thought he would be more relieved to get it. It means he is healing and getting stronger. But he just saw it as another “poke” and he is tired of those. We will work on it.

I miscalculated my sak tonight for dialysis. (That’s what she said). I thought I had more time to use it and did not. Since it takes about 7 hours to make, I had to do the treatment as if we were traveling. It was a plan B, but as this is a learning experience, I am bound to trip along the way. I controlled my reaction pretty well to it. I didn’t get upset, just annoyed for a moment. It’s an opportunity to learn.

Ethan had a lot of fluid he had collected over the weekend. So we removed 1.5 Liters. It wasn’t all of it but it was a decent amount. The treatment ended up running longer than expected and was a little over 3 1/2 hours treatment time. That doesn’t include the set up and breakdown. It is a late night tonight but it just means I have to be extra efficient at sleeping which will NOT be a problem. I am pooped.

My bright spot is no rejection and being a match for Ethan. Now I have to keep my kidneys happy until I share my spare. ❤️





Comments

  1. Thrilled to hear all the positive test results! Better luck with the sak next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Zero rejection 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST NEWS EVER! Ethan's new heart is happy and we are thrilled. AND he can finally get the Covid vaccine. That's such great news. More protection for this kid! I'm so sorry he is grieving. It would be really strange if he didn't have these feelings though. His whole life has changed so quickly. I'm sure he doesn't "trust" his body right now and that would be hard for anybody. I'm hoping a kidney transplant will make a huge difference for him. Let's imagine the day when dialysis isn't needed any more. Doesn't that sound amazing? Keep swimming.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news. Been trying to post but it rejects me for some reason ....anyway we are still following the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is good, it actually took my post. I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for zero rejection! That's amazing news.. so happy to hear. Think of you guys always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s great news about ZERO rejection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment