Skip to main content

6/22/21

 Dialysis ended last night at 11:30. I was feeling a bit tired today. I also have a swollen leg from a bee sting. So I probably have to go to the doctor tomorrow. It’s not just swollen a little. It is hot and sore, it is swollen from my knee to my ankle….it also spreading. So that is a fun little side gig I have going on. Probably just a little sepsis.

Don’t worry. My blood pressure is fine and I am not confused. My temperature is normal so I think I will be ok for a few hours while I sleep.

I may have to re-evaluate this dialysis schedule because it isn’t for sissies. I am pooped. I have to catch up tomorrow. I have the day off. It’s graduation day for Ethan. 

The live stream to Ethan’s graduation is: https://www.youtube.com/user/HiltonCSD

The ceremony starts at 7:30.

I am not even going to bother wearing makeup because I will likely cry. I balled like a baby at pre-k graduation. Mostly because we were told that there was a good chance he would be learning disabled after his heart surgery at 9 months. They cut his blood supply off to his brain for several minutes as they removed a piece of aorta and then reattached it. 

Ethan worked hard for this graduation to happen.  He attended class during withdrawals. He worked on homework when he was exhausted or having dialysis done. I am proud of him.

My bright spot for today included many things. My only two complaints are that I am tired and my leg hurts. Other than that, we just move forward.


Comments

  1. No time is good for a bee sting
    Patti. You didn’t need anything
    Extra on your plate .,
    Hopefully, you can get it
    checked out tomorrow !

    Tomorrow is a Big Day for
    Ethan in every way .
    He started out with a Cloud
    over him as a baby But he certainly did move those Clouds and brought Sunshine into his life
    by showing What he could and would do.
    Congratulations Ethan
    (Class of 2021👨‍🎓)for
    all your determination and
    accomplishments in your Journey of Life’!
    You deserve that Life that you
    have planned ! You can do it!
    You will do it!
    Love ❤️ and Hugs 🤗
    So proud of You!!





    ReplyDelete
  2. I will most likely cry my eyes out when I see Ethan graduate. Then cry again when Makayla gets her diploma. I better bring a box of Kleenex!!
    OMGosh on the bee sting! You better call on that first thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, was that a killer bee?! Yikes!
    And Congratulations Ethan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ethan! We are so proud of all you have accomplished. We know that it hasn't been easy BUT you did it. It is suppose to be cool tonight at the Ball Park. We will be wearing our nice warm Ethan Di Iulio hooded sweatshirts in honor of you!!

    Patti you need to ice that leg and see what else you can do for it. You have worked way too hard to miss this graduation. See you soon. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will ALL be crying with you. What an amazing accomplishment on top of all that has happened. Try to savor the moment and bring lots of tissue. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes call the doctor. Looks like cellulitis. Congratulations to Ethan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment