Skip to main content

6/25/21

 When did life get so tiring? I feel tired. Today we did dialysis mid afternoon. During dialysis I tried, once again, to call Medicare. Then they rendered me to Medicaid. Called Medicaid because Medicare won’t help.

 I can’t apply Ethan for Medicaid because he needs to be on SSDI which he doesn’t qualify for. So now what? I was referred to NY State of Health Commerce and They set me up with an account (that I didn’t need) online but when I asked after 45 minutes of how this would get me closer to figuring Ethan’s dilemma out, He told me he wasn’t licensed in helping with Medicaid or Medicare therefore he could not advise me on what to do. Thanks Pal. 

I consider myself to have average intelligence and am frustrated at this entire process. So in total I was on the phone almost 2 hours and have nothing to show for it except deeper WTF creases in my forehead. I am now going to engage my social worker and see if any progress can be made.

Ethan cleaned the engine of his car today. Great for his fine motor skills, good stretching and balancing, really good for endurance but the best was the mental body that he got from it.

Then his buddy came over and did the most impressively epic burnout in our driveway. It left behind a monstrous skid mark as well as a thick wall of burnout smoke that hugged the air around it. Thick yell smoke filled the air as Paul could be heard giggling like a school girl. Nice job! It literally “burned rubber”.  It will be a conversation piece for some time!

My bright spot today was spending time with Avery. She is such a great kid. She always makes me laugh.


Comments

  1. and Ethan's "holy sh*t!!" was the best. a new mug needs to be made...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment