Skip to main content

6/28/21

Today I had one of those days that moms have now and again wishing I had more time with the kids. I feel exhausted all the time and when I get home, even though they have helped around the house, there is always more to do. I know I am not the only one that feels this way.

This week is busy for us. We have several appointments. Tomorrow is neurology. It should be an interesting appointment because we have noticed over the past several months that Ethan does these odd, rhythmic patterns with his right leg. His stroke was on the right side, so it shouldn’t be from that theoretically.

Then there are three appointments on Wednesday plus many errands, another appointment Thursday….then we will have a break. Phew!

Ethan is still in awe of what he has been through. He openly chats with people about it. I think it helps him work through it. He asks a lot of questions and wants to make more videos. Anemia is kicking his butt a little bit. He gets tired easily. Today he was napping while I came home for lunch. 

Tonight, Avery and I walked around the mowed field even though it was so HOT out. She was my bright spot today. We chatted and laughed at absurd things. We saw a deer and laughed at Ferguson as he ran with joy in the field. He likes to pee on stuff and declare it his. I am glad this is not human behavior.




Comments

  1. shhh... it's human behavior in my yard. I've been known to mark my spots to claim territory. I live with all men, it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.... you nailed it. There is always more to do in this stage of our life. I think about this all the time. When I'm home, the constant meal making really can zap my energy. Then you get the kitchen cleaned up and all of a sudden, there's another pile of dishes on the counter. What in the world did we do with all our free time back in our younger days? Geez.... we had no idea how precious that free time was. Your life right now is especially extreme beyond belief. I'm in awe that you're back at work and managing all of Ethan's recovery and medical appointments on top of it. Be kind to yourself. Of course you are exhausted! I'm exhausted for you. I hope things go smooth for you today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment