Skip to main content

6/3

I was telling my BFF dialysis nurse about how I am competitive. I described about how quietly pissed I was  to hear that he had another lady learn how to do “at home” dialysis in 2 weeks. I was still a little miffed even after learning she was a dialysis nurse. It was an unfair advantage but still.

 I was telling him about how when I was in the hospital giving birth to Ethan I wanted to know who else was in the hospital and how far along they were so I could have my baby before them. 

I have accomplished my goal, which was to exceed the training timeline in 4 weeks instead of 6. Woo hoo! I can’t take all the credit. I had a damn good teacher. My biggest take home message is to work on reading the steps. I hate reading but it bites me in the ass every time I try to skip it. Ugh! Then I have to admit he is right and it’s a whole thing. 

Ethan had a burst of energy today and was able to catch up on some things he has been looking forward to. He also ate decently today despite his multiplying canker sores and tongue.

We met with his transplant doctor today via zoom. She was telling us that canker sores aren’t a typical side effect to the medications Ethan is on.....which then made perfect sense why Ethan has them. Of course it isn’t a “typical” side effect.

She then saw the canker sore and was surprised at how big the sore is. She is such a caring doctor. She was telling Ethan how excited he was to see everyone when he has to have his heart biopsy.

Avery had an appointment to get her second covid vaccine this afternoon. She has joined forces with us to keep Ethan as safe as we can. 

Avery and I had to stop at the store and we found the most perfect harness for Penny. This is my extra bright spot because today was already a pretty good day.  It had......wait for it......margaritas on it.....with a matching collar/ascot. I feel like it was placed in my path on purpose.

Look how cute she is:






Comments

  1. Perfect outfit for Penny and you! Love it!
    An awesome ending - finding that outfit - to a day full of roses for you, Ethan, and Avery. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew you were that competitive, Patti...I mean, while giving birth...LOL??!!! Remind me to never play games with you...haha! That’s great you accomplished training two weeks early. 🙌
    How perfect you found that harness...love it!!! Does this mean it’s a margarita meeting today too?? 😁 Penny is so darn cute, this is a great pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo is right. You are kicking ass with that training. I'm so glad that Ethan had a great day despite the war raging in his mouth. Penny looks incredibly sassy in her new digs. Cheers to another great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny knows she is rocking it in that new harness!
    Darn those canker sores. My mouth hurts for Ethan. Can he do warm, salt water rinses opposite times of the mouthwash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment