Skip to main content

6/4

 I had my urine collection test. This means I collected all my urine for a 24 hour period, stored it in an orange jug in my refrigerator. That’s hot. I warned my family not to drink from the orange container. Best of all is packing the orange 3000 ml container (which is 3 Liters if you do the math) in a “discreet”  or actually not so discreet bag for dialysis.  I chose a pink bag because at least it looked girly.

Excuse me while I try to fill my 3 liter jug, which is more than a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi, just for reference. My not so discreet bag was about the size of a large shopping bag.

Dialysis went well. We shared laughs. I have decided that learning home dialysis has given us many gifts. It will give us the gift of freedom, as well as fostered a friendship. It was the gift of laughter. It was healing for Ethan and a safe means of expressing his feelings in a non judge-mental zone. I am so thankful for how things have fallen into place.

Tomorrow I will drive the 40 something miles to the closest lab that is connected to and communicates electronically with the NYC kidney transplant computer system. I have to be there at 7:30 am with my jug of pee. Just me and my pee. Ha!

No coffee in the morning. Read that again. No. Coffee. Ugh! How am I going to wake up and function with that parameter? I hate the idea of it. But I will suffer through to share my kidney.

Ethan again struggled with his canker sores and didn’t eat as much as he wanted. He is frustrated but still trying. His energy level has improved and he even came outside with us this evening and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Fresh air therapy. 





Comments

  1. I won’t even ask how waking with no coffee went. Hope you treated yourself to the biggest bestest coffee and a foody treat after...you deserved it!

































































    I am now questioning what was really in that bottle and my cup yesterday...I know how you like to play prank, Patti. 😳Haha!!

    Not even gonna ask how this morning went without coffee. Hope you treated yourself with the biggest, best cup of coffee and foody treat afterwards. You deserved it!!

    Wish I had a magic cure for the canker sores and tongue. Can he have essential oils? Of course, it would be diluted. I have quite a few; I can try to find a recipe that might help speed up the process. Shoot me a text but I’ll start searching. Praying his mouth heals soon. 🙏💚



    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my pee. Sounds like a hit sit com in the making. OMG. The things you are experiencing this year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment