Skip to main content

7/1/21

Iron infusion


Today was a much better day. Maybe I was distracted by animals at work. Maybe it was because I got my feelings out yesterday and was ready to move forward today. Maybe it was because it wasn’t so blasted hot and I didn’t feel like I was choking from the heat. 

I had to leave work early. I had the excitement of going to the OBGYN for an annual exam as well as check that box off my kidney transplant donor evaluation. I ran into a friend there and chatted for a few minutes. My favorite question was when I was asked if I wanted to be tested for STD’s. The only way I could have an STD is if I had an affair. In the past year….it was absurd to even think about having the time to participate in one more thing. Especially an affair. Ha! I laughed at the lady, declined and shuddered at the thought of spending time on an affair.

Avery went to the doctor for a hip issue. She has scoliosis and it is likely catching up to her. She has to go get xrays. Ethan finished with his PT and will resume  PT at home. We are going to get this kid pumping iron.

Ethan got his last in a series of iron infusions tonight during dialysis. He will now be on a maintenance dose of one infusion a week. I hope that helps him feel less tired.

I walked outside tonight at around 10:00 pm. The neighborhood is quite. There is a faint smell of a pine campfire (my favorite wood to smell burning). It was dark and I could see fire flies. This made me giddy. Even as an adult I like to catch them gently and peek at them through my fingers. Then of course I let them go and marvel at their magic of having lightbulbs in their butts. Or maybe they are having tiny atomic farts. Whatever. It was a great way to end the evening.


Comments

  1. Nature always has a way of fascinating us don't you think. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good cry the other day to release some steam .. it's all too much and absolutely exhausting. Avery's note - omg!
    You guys are all rock stars in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature is great therapy
    for the mind and soul!
    Happy that you took some time
    for you .
    Your concentration and thought about those Fireflies was quite a take ! 😊🤣 ! !!
    Relax and Enjoy your coming week ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment