Skip to main content

7/13/21


Coolest dialysis patient ever! Actually his eyes are bugging him again. We go to the eye doctor on Thursday.

Thankfully with some super power help, I was able to connect with a social worker that was able to coach me on the best way to coordinate Medicaid and Medicare without having me call each on over and over and get ping ponged back and forth between them. Thank goodness for this ground angel.

I was told that due we should be applying for Medicaid first and not Medicare. This lovely woman emailed me the documents I needed. Finally…someone that can email. I was able to print off ALL the documents. There was quite a volume of ink used. 

He instantly qualifies because of his critical illness of end stage renal failure. As I looked at my stack of paperwork, I felt like I just didn’t want to do it and MADE myself sit though this mountain of uncharted territories. I made sure to sit outside to do it. There has to be something in it for me. I brought the dogs out and sat near the pond in the sun, making vitamin D. Dingbat Penny kept chasing the frogs. But she just likes to see them hop fast and it makes her wag her tail. She is a goofball.

I was filling out the boxes and checking this box and that box. I then came across this question:


While I do NOT find homelessness itself a funny issue, I started to envision what “proof of homelessness” looked like.  Is it a picture of ones self sleeping in a makeshift bed under a bridge? Is it a picture of a shopping cart while someone’s belongings in it.  One can only imagine what clever proof has been sent.


The other question that made me chuckle was Us Citizen or NON Us citizen/immigrant….then “none of the above”. What???? Is that for Sasquatch to apply? If you are non-human you aren’t really a citizen of anything right? Who is thinking up these questions?

Also, I called and found out that Ethan FINALLY got approved for SSI. Phew! I find out more details at an upcoming appointment within the next couple of weeks.

We did dialysis today. It was so good to see my BFF dialysis nurse. He had to come visit and go over some things to help with monthly maintenance of the machine. 

We talked about different ways to tweak Ethan’s meds to help with anemia. I still want to look at his blood under the microscope for a learning opportunity. One of these days I will get around to it.

All in all it was a good day. Poor Paul looks terrible from his extreme poison ivy allergy. I was so thankful that I was gifted the time to be able to get some of this immense paperwork done. 


Comments

  1. It’s comforting to
    know that someone out there can and does can make a difference to help get things
    squared away .
    Looks like today you won a couple of battles !! 👍❤️🥰




    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I just came across Ethan's story from the videos posted on the reddit/transplant site. I'm overwhelmed with admiration and respect for the strength that Ethan, you and your family have mustered in response to such harrowing experiences. I was incredibly fortunate that my heart transplant went very smoothly. All I can do is wish with all my (new) heart that Ethan sees some of that smoothness from here on. All the best to you all.
    Eric from England
    PS -- I enjoy your sense of humour (as we Brits spell it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything about your note ❤️❤️

      Delete
  3. What a cool dude you have in your home. I hope that he can find out more about his eyes on Thursday. Just when you think you are all by yourself in a huge room of paperwork, there were a couple of people that helped to make things a little bit better for you. They were your bright spots along with Penny and sunshine. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with the mountain of paperwork, you found a few bright spots in your day. With Ethan's future so bright, he's gotta wear shades. 😎
    Wishing Paul a speedy clear up with that rash!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! There is finally some progress with the supports you absolutely need and deserve. I'm cracking up at the forms. Truly ridiculous. I'm loving the comment from Eric in England. That is indeed really cool. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment