Skip to main content

7/19

I forgot to mention yesterday that Ethan got his 1st covid injection. He was nervous and scared. I was nervous and scared. The injection itself wasn’t bad. By this morning, Ethan’s arm was quite sore. I told him to continue taking  Tylenol extra strength. It is feeling much better today as the day went on and the drugs kicked in.

He couldn’t have the covid vaccine for 6 months because his immune system is so low. It is slowly making a little bit of a comeback but will never be what it once was.

First thing this morning i had a doctors appointment for myself. Once I was finished, I drove to work for a bit. At one point I was helping to draw blood and a dog have explosive mushy diarrhea ALL over my shirt. Like the entire front of it. When I removed it I had to try and not get mushy diarrhea on my face or in my hair. Ewwwww! There was poop raining from the sky.

I had to reschedule Ethan’s SSI meeting. After being on hold for 29 minutes, we rescheduled it. 29 minutes for a 30 second phone call. Not annoying at all. Thor first available date was 32 days from his other scheduled appointment. Eye roll.

After work, I then headed home to grab Avery for her appointment for her hip pain. Damn scoliosis! In the short time I was home, I called the college to see what documents they still need and ask a few questions while at the same time I set up the dialysis machine.

One of the forms the school needed was something I have never heard of before. “How do I get that form?” I asked. The lady told me and I completed all the steps to find out, I had already completed that form and never submitted it. What a dingbat I am. Ha ha. I submitted the form just as the dialysis machine made a terrible noise.

Great! I broke it. It presented a RED code which is threat level midnight. Tuck and roll. I carefully read through the book.  I say carefully because I have gotten some ridiculing for my lack of reading. The book said to push one of the buttons but NONE of my buttons were available.  I had to call the technical support.

This was done in a very small window of time as Avery’s appointment was approaching quickly. I finally got it resolved with enough time to grab a handful of almonds as I briskly walked through the kitchen.

I warned Ethan that as soon as I got home we were going to start dialysis. He better eat and be ready to go.

After a bit over an hour, Avery’s appointment ended. When we arrived home, I hooked Ethan up to dialysis right away. 

As dialysis was going on, I was trying to determine if Ethan was becoming more filled out or if he was fluid overloaded. He wasn’t fluid overloaded after he weighed himself so this is good!

As I sat in Ethan’s room listening to the rhythmic sounds of dialysis, I became very tired. How did 8:30 become so exhausting?


Comments

  1. I’m exhausted from hearing about all you do. You are superwoman. It makes me really appreciate what we have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some days I am so tired. ❤️

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo!!! Ethan is becoming a Covid superhero now. I hope it goes smoothly with no crazy side effects. The term exhausting just doesn't cover the experience you are going thru. OMG. Your daily life is beyond intense. Your description of poop raining from the sky is hideous. Just hideous. It creates a vivid image in my mind and I am disgusted and horrified that this is your work life. Those animals and owners better appreciate what you do for them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣😂 it’s the drool that I have trouble with….poop is nothing.

      Delete

Post a Comment