Skip to main content

7/20

The stupid dialysis machine went off the entire night. I ended up calling the troubleshooting hotline at 4:30 am just to get it to stoop beeping. My first technique was to ignore it and just listen to it until I was ready to deal with it. I turned our fan on because it seemed like a good ideas.Today was a work day. No poop raining from the sky today. Luckily that doesn’t happen very often.

Ethan was wiped out from his covid vaccine. I got home for lunch. I ate quickly so I could at least get some dishes and laundry done. As I was eating I looked at Ethan.  He mumbled that he was extremely tired. I encouraged him to take a nap and drink some water to stay hydrated. I can take the water off later.

He actually went upstairs and went to bed. I got home a bit after 5:00. Ethan was no where around. I peeked all around the house and found him asleep in his bed, since I left him there several hours ago.

He must have been tired. He got up and was able to do a couple things. But he was totally exhausted.  I sometimes still struggle with being home and Ethan is still not back to normal. Having our life back to normal.the truth is that it is a much different life than we expected, but we are getting through it.

I was able to watch the video Ethan posted about his hallucinations when he was in the ICU. It’s called ICU delirium and it is real.

Here is a link to his video:

https://youtu.be/zkfDC2wqhts

Luckily, ethan’s delirium sounds fairly peaceful.

Tonight I had to finish up some emails and then take care of the dogs. Now it is off to bed for a nighttime slumber. If this doesn’t make sense, it’s because I am falling asleep.


Comments

  1. Stupid machine! It seems to enjoy messing with you. Just imagine the day when Ethan will NOT need that machine. Ah..... just imagine it and smile...... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment