Skip to main content

7/22/21



Some days I feel like Gumby. I have many people standing around me and pulling on all of my appendages as hard as they can, requesting this or that from me. I know it is par for the course. I am in survival mode. I have few goals for the day. Eat right, get some exercise, get sleep and take vitamins.

There are some days that the Gumby limb tugging feels worse than others. I do find it difficult to motivate to resolve “billing” issues or insurance issues. Paperwork is as much fun as a tetanus shot in the eyeball would be.
But I get it done, reluctantly, but done nonetheless.

I look over at this kid and know that I am giving it my all and am not about to stop. He is my main priority. 

This fatigue is hard to watch. I know some of it is vaccine related. The other part is iron related/anemia. I really hope these iron infusions can pull him out of this
Funk.

We disconnected from dialysis and immediately had to get ready for Ethan’s cardiology appointment. He crabbed about having to go. We were told by Ethan’s nephrologist to make sure that his heart is ok because that can cause fatigue as well.  We are trying to be patient.

We went to cardiology and were hooked up to wires. Ethan went through the physical pain of the echo, which he does NOT care for. He went through the hardest part which is when the doctors come in and tell us how bad everything is. Except this time, his doctor said good things. Everything looks good. There is nothing from a heart perspective that would be causing fatigue. Woo hoo! We should celebrate.


All in all we had a great visit from Ethan’s cardiologist. Keep up the good work kid!

They are now thinking the extreme fatigue is from the covid vaccine as well as the anemia and low platelets. At least the heart is not involved. ❤️❤️❤️




Comments

  1. The doctor said good things!!!! This is the great news we all wished and hoped for. Now... to get things more settled so you don't feel like Gumby all the time. I know how much I hate being stretched thin in so many directions. It's the worst. Be kind to yourself. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment