Skip to main content

7/25

Today was a dialysis day. Ethan hasn’t had dialysis since Thursday. He hasn’t gained any weight since Thursday. That means no weight (which isn’t ideal) but also no water weight (which is good). He is peeing a lot more now. About 600 ml per day. His kidney is not cleaning his blood or telling his bone marrow to make more red blood cells. His kidney is like an unemployed 30 year old living in Mom’s basement playing video games (useless).

I was able to submit the final paperwork for one of Ethan’s scholarships. Cross another thing off my list.

My back is still pretty sore but I have done LOTS of stretching and no ibuprofen. I started some of my old physical therapy exercises to help. We will see how it feels tomorrow. Motion is lotion.

Ethan had a fun weekend and I am happy for that. I am hoping he feels a little more peppy soon. He had another iron infusion today. I am hopeful.



Comments

  1. Lots of cheers for fun weekends! This is great progress. I am cracking up at "motion is lotion." Somehow, that sounds really disgusting to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment