Skip to main content

7/28

Today is my birthday. For my birthday, i took Ethan to get lab work done. This doesn’t sound overly exciting but we had the best conversation in the car about how even though he has suffered a lot in this past several months, the bright spot is that we both have a profound understanding of living life to its fullest and just dealing with whatever situation arises and moving on. 

I got to take Ethan to visit his friends at The Little Speed Shop. It was quite a gift for me that he felt well enough to go. He spent a few hours there. He was quite tired but he was excited he pulled it off. We will see how he feels tomorrow.

I really was so thankful for the day I had. I got to spend time with each kid, as well as my nephew, and I saw my brother, his wife and my mom and Gene had us over for pizza and cake. I smiled and laughed a lot. It was fun.

After dinner we arrived home and Paul and I sat on one of our swinging benches swearing at the loud traffic that went by (like a couple of old people) and then chatting about life in general. Those moments are few and far between for us with the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We kept having to yell at Penny because she kept trying to chase the frogs at the pond. We joked about how she is a nice dog but her IQ doesn’t even register as a respectable earthquake.

We were joined by a few friends and had drinks on our patio. The weather was nice. It was the perfect birthday. 



Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to have for your birthday. I’m so glad it was good. Here’s to a happy year ahead with nothing but good health, a ton of fun and many Margarita Monday’s...we need to start trying to work this into our schedules!! ❤️🎉🎂🎈

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sooooo good for us ALL to be together at one time. Happy Birthday to you and Kristen. It was a nice Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO happy you had a good birthday. This past rocky year keeps confirming to me that each birthday is truly a gift. Living life to the fullest. The best lesson ever. Cheers to today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️❤️❤️ I'm happy it was a truly happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy 🎂 Birthday to a very special person and mom!
    Your birthday is a time to celebrate 🎉 you and all 👍your
    accomplishments !!
    ❤️🤗😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment