Skip to main content

8/10/21

I received the most wonderful news when I got home today. Ethan felt good today. He was able to live stream, he has been working on editing his next heart journey video and spent the afternoon outside.  Holy crap. 

Ethan keeps having more memories from his time in ICU in New York City. He has been reading my blog. He told me he remembers making videos for Paul, to let him know he was ok.

Ethan came up with a name for the beetle. Yuto.

He chose this name because he thought this name would best represent this little creature.

It was a hot and sticky day. It rained heavily and there was thunder and lightening out. Mother Nature grew a foul set of boob mushrooms in my front garden. It was her way to get me to chuckle and it worked. I consider it a smile to share with others.

My hope for Ethan is that over the next 2 weeks he prepares mentally for college. He embraces that he can pull this off and keeps blazing the trail forward. 

The kids and I have plans in the morning to get up early and watch the meteor shower. It was the kids idea. I think it is great they are interested and who can say “no” to hanging out with their kids? I am looking forward to it.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great day!!
    Keep it up and enjoy the
    Meteor Shower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name!
    Did you see any showers? I remember pitching the tent and staying outside overnight with Robin, Brian, and you when we were kids to try to catch the meteor shower. Do you recall?
    Love the boob mushrooms, too. I'll have to check our garden for some of our own. Mother Nature has certainly had a good sense of humor this summer. This tropical weather is wild, too.
    See you soon. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuto.... what a fabulous name. Boob mushrooms.... priceless. Meteor shower.... so cool. So happy that things are "good" right now. You, Ethan and your family deserve nothing less than "good and excellent" for all future days. Here's to all the very worst bad days being far behind you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment