Skip to main content

8/11


It was a “suck it Covid vaccine” kind of night. Ethan was feeling pretty good despite having the doom of his second Covid shot lurking over him. He was determined to not get slowed down by it and tonight found his joy.

My leprosy poison whatever rash is subsiding. Prednisone saved the day. However, it goofs with my sleep cycle and I haven’t been sleeping too well. This worked out great this morning since we were going to get up anyway to watch the meteor shower.

It was warm and dark out at 4:00am. The bugs were all singing their delicate mating songs. The frogs were making frog noises and there was no other noise pollution except nature’s overture . It was quite peaceful. The clouds were patchy but we could see some patches of stars.  All three of us were able to see a meteor zip across the sky. It was dark.

When we were done, I decided to hook Ethan up to dialysis before work. He went back to sleep and I sat quietly tending to the  fidgety machine. For the first 20 minutes, the machine reminded me of JANICE, Ethan’s old obnoxious dialysis machine. The swear words were building up inside of me as I silently cursed this machine out so Ethan could rest. I was trying to navigate in the dim lighting from ambient light from the IPad and my phone. This is when those fun moments occur when you realize you may be going through the normal aging process and your eyesight isn’t what it used to be. FINALLY, the machine started cooperating.

My coffee was a little cool at this point but I can’t leave the room in case Ethan’s machine acted up. So I slammed it. I set my cup down and smiled at it. It was given to me by a dear friend that I haven’t seen in a while. I am living anything but a “thug life”. Every time I use this cup I think of this friend and she unknowingly shares a smile with me. The gift that keeps on giving.

I felt grumpy today with being tired. But I was also proud of myself that I was able to pull off two phone calls and stop at the pharmacy on my lunch break. Avery had lunch ready for me when I got home which was so wonderful. She made bung pho noodles with an avocado garlic pesto that was delicious. Yum! I also ate it for dinner too. What a chef she has become!

I arrived home after work to find a stack of paperwork from Medicaid in my mailbox that needed further completion. That took about 45 minutes to fill out. I was annoyed by it but chalked it up to “roid rage”.

I will try to stay asleep tonight.

Comments

  1. You always liked lying in the front yard on a blanket watching for meteors when you were a kid. It was fun to be together. Good memories for me too. Now your kids can share those memories too. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely impressive that you got up to watch the meteors. It's the worst operating on lack of sleep. It doesn't suit me well at all. Love that mug. Love Avery's culinary skills... that dish sounds amazing. Love that Ethan is feeling well. Now... get some rest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment