Skip to main content

8/15

I woke up early. It was quiet so I decided to take the dogs on a walk around Round lake. What a beautiful view. The dogs didn’t even know how lucky they were. All the exercise got my metabolism going. Paul and I packed up the camper and just like that, we were homeward bound.

Back to reality. As I was thinking on our way home from camping, the workload was adding up. Piling up in a suffocating way. The next two weeks are going to be incredibly busy. How are we going to pull this off?

Medicaid wants us to submit more information. There is more paperwork as well as another trip to the post office. We have an SSI meeting, several appointments including ultrasound of Ethan’s neck and arm looking for clots to be causing low platelets. We have lab work, nephrology and need to go to the regular doctor for the green light to fill medications. 

Throw in there some full time work hours, dialysis and we have ourselves a busy little week. These are the weeks that I have to be diligent about eating and exercising as well as getting enough sleep. Vitamins are my friend and so is staying hydrated. That is the best way to set myself up for success. 

When we got home, Paul and I kicked it into high gear. We pulled off a lot of chores, bathing all 3 dogs and he even did some work on my van. Adult life sounds so boring. 

I did dialysis on Ethan and he ended up falling asleep. He slept another 2 1/2 after dialysis ended, telling me he needed it.

I mowed a little bit and enjoyed the fresh grass aroma it produced. I had the radio on the ear phones and was singing along. I actually enjoyed it. I am not sure my neighbors enjoyed it but hopefully they didn’t hear me.

I am ready to face the next two weeks. Bring it on. Things will fall into to place. It won’t be perfect but it will all work out. 

Comments

  1. you got this, Patti - and great advice about exercise, sleep, vitamins, and enjoying the little things, like fresh mowed grass smell, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment