Skip to main content

8/2

I made huge progress today. I finally submitted all the Medicaid info (which is a lot) and I was able to get (with significant help from Insurance) Columbia to withdraw all the past due accounts sent to collections as well as the current accounts that are due. They will be resubmitted and readjusted (hopefully) so that I don’t have to cut off Ethan’s arm and leg to pay for his heart surgery. (I guess it’s Ethan’s lucky day.)

I was walking around with my thumbs underneath my pretend suspender straps, a bit smitten with myself.

This weekend was rough because Phineas had some significant dental work and was uncomfortable. He started to refuse taking his medication. I hid it. I compounded it. I shoved unclear down to his stomach and almost saw my hand come out of his butt. But nope, he would reject all medications. Determined to outsmart this dog, I picked up some squeeze cheese (cheese in a can) and was making him little pill sandwiches out of cheeze it crackers. I would hide the pills one by on in the middle of the sandwich. I had to have Penny and Ferguson around to create a sense of urgency to eat his treat so the littles wouldn’t steal it from him.

It was working for a moment until he spit one of the pills out. Dingbat Penny ate the pills sandwich with a TOXIC dose of medication for her size. Damn it.  I had to run upstairs and grab the peroxide to induce vomiting. Luckily Avery helped me keep an eye on her as she walked around the yard, vomiting. I was not pleased with Phineas or Penny by the end of the ordeal.

Tonight was a dialysis night. I am very concerned about next week. Ethan’s iron infusions change to a maintenance dose. He gets his second COVID vaccine. Ugh! Next week May really suck!

At the end of dialysis, I did a little blunder. My dialysis nurse told me that eventually I would.  I left the clamp to Ethan’s catheter open accidentally while I turned away to grab a syringe. Ethan felt the wetness of his own blood dripping down the front of him, onto his pants. He called my name in a panicked voice, as he thought I pulled his catheter out.

I turned around and saw what had happened. “Oops…..sorry.” I clamped it off and told him I finally made that mistake. I was told I was going to. I began to laugh at the look of his protective bib. It looked ridiculous. He began describing what he thought had happened and we turned it into a shared laugh.




Comments

  1. There's just not enough words for all the things you deal with in a day. Unbelieveable. Maybe this word fits? We are all smitten with you. You are simply incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment