Skip to main content

8/5

Ahhh. A day off. I utilize these days very wisely. They are coveted and valued. I gave the house a much needed cleaning and refilled some of Ethan’s medications. I also had to submit more insurance information regarding billing but it was totally manageable. 

I am ready to have some fun with family. I have some new margarita mix to try that I have gotten great feedback on and feel that I have earned it.

I sometimes wonder what life will be like after this kidney transplant. What will I do with the time I gained back? No doubt that I might be able to watch tv again. Sit on the couch with the family. I picture it like it was a year or even two years ago. We keep getting closer, day by day.

I learned that one of the women that had a baby when we were in NYC, her baby finally got a heart. I am so happy for them. Then I think about the donor family. It’s such an odd cycle emotionally.  

Ethan had dialysis this afternoon and then was struggling emotionally after that. It could have been because he hadn’t eaten as well today. It could have been that dialysis makes him tired. He kept to himself for the rest of the evening.

We visited with family and it felt so good. We look forward to this weekend every year. My nephew, Marcus, has grown up so much. Tomorrow should be a fun day. I am looking forward to it.

Comments

  1. You are loved and appreciated
    Try to relax and enjoy those
    Marqaritas……..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good day and have some new margarita mix! You are teaching all of us to take each day as it comes. I am grateful for this, my friend. Very, very hard to do well... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment