Skip to main content

9/17/21

We got another clearance checked off the list today.  Neurology signed off on Ethan to have his kidney transplant. Slowly picking away at our list as we wait for the government to approve our Medicaid and Medicare. 

When I got home from work, Ethan was fast asleep on the couch. One thing we have noticed is that he is a VERY sound sleeper now. The dogs were barking their brains out and Ethan slept very peacefully through that chaos.

We started dialysis and Paul came home from work. We chatted and he was asking what my plans were for the weekend. I told him that my goals were to trim the hedges and tree out front, do meal prep and take the kids to get Apple fritters. I had other goals but those were the ones most important.

As Ethan, Ferguson and I did dialysis I heard a familiar sound. I went outside sobbing. Paul had trimmed all the hedges and tree for me. This is usually something I do but time is something I don’t have a lot of. It was such a nice gesture and I was so appreciative I just balled.  I don’t cry much, but that made my heart happy. He scored major points.

I am looking forward to having breakfast with a friend that I have not seen in a LONG time. ❤️


Comments