Skip to main content

9/19/21

We hadn’t gotten the mail in a few days. Life. Anyways….I got a document from the social security office saying that they need more information to see if Ethan would be considered “disabled”. According to their website “ Chronic kidney disease, renal failure, and kidney transplant surgery all qualify for disability benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA).”

They need “proof”. So I had to fill out a 12 page document. One of the pages was to list all Ethan’s medications. There weren’t enough lines.

I wasn’t able to finish it because they want all medical records, names and addresses of all his doctors in both NYC and Rochester as well as New Jersey. I did not have a happy face on when I was reading it. The amount of paperwork that needs to be completed is equivalent to a Forrest of dead trees. Ugh!

Ethan got his 3 rd covid shot today. I also did dialysis and infused him with some iron to hopefully offset his arm hurting and feeling tired tomorrow. Next up, flu shots for everyone.




We got to spend the evening out to dinner with family. It was really nice.




Comments

  1. I am thrilled that Ethan is getting juiced up with another Covid shot. That is fabulous! I've got some choice words for social security, but we'll let that be for now. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it." Jack loves Ferris Bueller as much as we did. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment