Skip to main content

9/25

Avery worked today. She is so cute. I dropped her off at her new job and then proceeded to check tasks off my list of things to do. One of the things that wasn’t on my list today was to support the local Hilton Food Shelf. 

My mom helps the food shelf and has done a great job of setting an example of giving back to the community through her church as well as through the food shelf. At her church, she has spear headed Undy Sunday several times, helping our community get things like underwear, things most of us take for granted. I want to be helpful within the community.

I took it as a sign when I went into the grocery store, that I needed to purchase the things on the list, that one of the food shelf volunteers handed me. I don’t normally shop at that particular store and so I felt like I was placed there to help.

I carefully picked out items that may be less likely to be purchased by others. Dish detergent, clothes detergent, tooth paste, paper towels, shampoo, deodorant. How do you stop? I neatly folded the list and put it back in my purse to refer to another time. I am hoping to help out again in the near future. 

I was able to do my meal prep and was glad to be able to use fresh meat and vegetables to avoid processed foods. Every little bit helps. 

Ethan worked on his car for a bit. Every time he goes into the garage I consider it his physical and occupational therapy. His mind is stimulated as he develops his plan for getting into the drift car racing circuit. This kid has always been goal oriented. Even from when he saved his money he earned from returning cans fir two years, from family and friends to buy himself his first four wheeler when he was 6.

I met my brother, Brian, and sister in law, Kristen,  at a cute little pumpkin patch called Blodgett Farms. This is where Avery works. They got to surprise her at work. Avery was excited to see us all there. 

The evening was spent at with family. We were outside at a function. It rained briefly. It was a little cold and windy for a short period of time. Paul was freezing but he was tough. The gift at the end was a full rainbow, followed by a picturesque sunset with brilliant colors. Well done Mother Nature.



Comments

  1. It was a wonderful day! I'm so glad you had a balance of food prep for your family and knowing you helped others in your own community. That beautiful sky last night was a promise of more great things to come. Avery was working hard at her new job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment