Skip to main content

9/6/21

We have been camping off the grid. Our service is terrible. I have not been able to blog. All is well. We spent time together with great friends. Thank goodness we can do dialysis camping. It has really allowed us to live this summer.

I did have to work Saturday and Sunday. But we are enjoying the time together as we continue to move forward toward moving apart again. Divide and conquer. It seems to be the transplant life. We will get there and get this kid back to feeling normal again.

We went to listen to live bands and ate dinner. Ethan was upset because he tried to branch out and do something he doesn’t normally do. It was rather crowded and he felt uncomfortable. That turned in to straight up crabbiness. He was in such a foul mood.  

At dinner Avery drew a tattoo on Paul’s arm. He wasn’t sure what she was doing. He knew it couldn’t be good because she was laughing in an evil way. The picture is below. And yes…..Paul got made fun of for the rest of the evening. No idea where she gets it from.

After dinner all the kids were ready to leave and it was loud and chaotic for me as well. I really did enjoy myself but can get overwhelmed if there is too much. Paul insisted that I stay because I deserved to take a break. But ultimately I chose to go back to the campground. My kids plus two additional kids. 

I couldn’t remember where I was supposed to turn. I had no service to use GPS so I was using my memory which wasn’t so good. I was also using the kids. “Did we pass that when we left?” It was fun listening to the four kids chatting about things and my lead foot got the best of me.

I saw lights in my rear view mirror. Damn it. I pulled over disappointed that I had not been paying attention. I speed. I even use my cruise control a lot to try and not do it. It’s as if my foot gets heavier when I don’t pay attention.

I grabbed all my paperwork and had it ready for the cop. She asked me how fast I was going. I proceeded to have word diarrhea all over her. I didn’t know how fast I was going. I didn’t know the speed limit. I was trying to find my turn and can’t find it. I have no service to use GPS. How do people live out here without service?

She took my paperwork and ducked away as I was still talking. I would have done the same. 

Apparently the speed changed from 55 to 35 at some point. She never did tell me how fast I was going.

She came back and told me she was giving me a warning. I thanked her for giving me kindness and told the kids that we just got handed a basket of karma. It was a kind reminder that I need to watch my speed. I was grateful that I didn’t get fined. That has NEVER happened to me.

We arrived home today. Having today from was like winning the lottery. I was able to accomplish things around the house that I have wanted to do for a while. I was even able to mow the field which brings me peace and relaxation. I got my sunshine therapy too.

This weekend was busy but good. Today I found out that Paul and Avery were reprimanded by the camper assistance program people after 11:00 pm last night. Avery was making a spectacle of Paul and Paul was yelling at her to stop in a fun way. It is a fun little game they do. Oops. They laughed over it. Ha ha they got in trouble.

All in all it was a good weekend. Now we are back to the grind.



Comments

  1. it was a lovely, busy, yet still relaxing weekend. I'm happy you were able to stay around Sunday and the kids were there, too. Lots of laughter and sunshine therapy for us all. And yes, nice, understanding officer; not so nice or reasonable camper assistant. No sense of humor there! lol maybe Paul should have flashed his badass tattoo at him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy.... the DiIulio's got in a lot of trouble this weekend! I'm so glad you had some fun AND got some really good stories out of it. Life is getting sweeter (and a bit naughtier) for you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment