Skip to main content

9/8/21

My Avery started 11 th grade today. She looked adorable. She didn’t want me to hold her hand and stand with her out to the bus stop. I don’t know why?



 My dialysis center has punked  me. They punk me every month. I have to draw and submit lab work via FedEx. The directions are “easy”. Schedule a pick up and leave the package outside. Easy peasy.

I went online to schedule the pick up. It said I had an invalid tracking number, even though I copied it exactly and checked it three times. Fine! I call. Even though I don’t want to.

I called and talked to the BOT. Gave her all the information. Had to repeat the spelling of my last name 4 times. I was shouting it even though it is apparent that the volume of my voice wasn’t the issue.

I finally get to the end and they want to actually SCHEDULE the damn pick up. Phew! Then the BOT says “there has been an error, please hold for a representative.” Are you KIDDING me? 

Then I speak to someone that English is either their 5 th or 6 th language. Suffer through all the questions and had to start from the beginning. The person that helped me did a good job I suppose. We will see if Ethan’s lab work gets picked up or not. I get so agitated over stuff like this. It totally isn’t worth my time or energy but it just gets me all riled up.

That was the worst thing that happened today. I think that is pretty good not that I am not in that moment anymore.

I took Ethan to his lab today at MCC. I ran errands and got some things checked off my “to do” list. I then brought him home. I lead a riveting afternoon by filing vast amounts of paperwork and then taking the kids to the dentist.

We love our dental office! So it is like visiting friends. Ethan got a great big hug from his dentally hygienist that has been cleaning his teeth since the age of 3. It was the first time he has been to the dentist since transplant.

We got Ethan’s dental clearance checked off for kidney transplant. He had to take antibiotic prior to going to the dentist. He was nervous about taking it that it was going to make him sick. It is a valid concern. Fingers crossed.

Tonight’s dialysis was about 50 minutes longer than normal. Ugh! We are both so done with dialysis. Luckily Ethan took time to complete some of his homework. Utilizing boring dialysis time is a win.





Comments

  1. another long, full day! but productive and ticking off one more step to normalcy. Happy Junior Year for Avery! She does look cute 💗 and brains too! It's going to be a great year for both students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a H.S. junior now? Unbelievable. Avery looks amazing! Kick some butt. Your days exhaust me. OMG. You and Ethan are doing great..... keep on swimming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment